Honest Outlaw: Walther PPK First Shots: Did Bond Make a Mistake?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Interarms made PPK/S just like the one in the video. It's a nice pistol. The wife claimed it. It wasn't something I would have gone out looking for but the wife's sister needed to sell it to raise some funds so we helped her out.

I think it would still make a great carry pistol but can't get past the fact that it's almost as heavy empty as my 9mm Shield is loaded, and it really isn't that much smaller. If I wanted to carry a .380 that would be the one though since the only other .380's in the house are a CZ83 and a Makarov.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For all you naysayers...the original incarnation of the PP series was almost universally met with great enthusiasm. Leave it to S&W, when they acquired the license to manufacture the pistols (for a very short time thank The Good Lord) to change things around inside and to extend the tang, which virtually and visually ruined the classic lines of Fritz Walther's genius design). I have a beautiful West German PPK/S dating back to the mid-80's in .22LR that you would think was a rifle from the way it groups. I do happen to have a few more that are close to being it's equal... those made in either West Germany or in France, by Manurhin, under license of Walther, are precision firearms made by real craftsmen. The Interarms guns are not bad, not bad at all, particularly in .22LR and .32ACP, but they did choose to eventually go with cast frames and some MIM parts. If you have one from Interarms that say's "Made in the USA" on the left side of the slide, chambered in .380ACP, watch for that almost inevitable time that your safety lever begins to drop down into the SAFE position while firing. Not a good thing to have happen in a gunfight. Easily fixed, but an annoyance to say the least.

Photo is an older one; add 3 PPK or PPK/S pistols since taken. Yeah yeah...I know, I need to update the 'ol pic thing).

Attachments

• Walther Family of Nine.jpg
    Walther Family of Nine.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom