Hornady ‘New Dimension’ Custom Grade Dies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What happened to the old set of dies you had?
Or did you have any for that 6.5?

My first choice in dies has always been Lee.
Some people toss stones at Lee dies but I have been served well for a long time with them.
Get the load dialed in and I get great groups with ammo I make with Lee products.
My presses are also Lee.
.223 Savage Axis shot picture below.
60gr V-Max 100 Yards LC 13 cases Varget powder. Tasco 3-9 scope.
Lee FLS die. And Lee bullet seater die, cases trimmed with Lee stuff.

That pencil barrel rifle is stupid accurate though.

223-more-testing-100-yards-lc-13-001-jpg.52571
A friend bought the dies, our intention was to load together, but he lives 1.5 hours away and we couldn’t get together. He finally bought a press, and needed them. I use Lee for my pistols, but I really want RCBS for everything else. I think I have a set of used, low mileage RCBS treed. If I get them I’m set.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend bought the dies, our intention was to load together, but he lives 1.5 hours away and we couldn’t get together. He finally bought a press, and needed them. I use Lee for my pistols, but I really want RCBS for everything else. I think I have a set of used, low mileage RCBS treed. If I get them I’m set.
Your good to go! They'll be here waiting for you. I'm just glad I had a spare set of 6.5CM dies available to help out a fellow OSA'er.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I emailed Hornady to see what the difference between Regular Custom Grade, and the ‘New Dimension’ Custom Grade dies is. In case you, like myself have wondered, just wanted to pass on what they said, here was there reply:
Cory,

Thank you for writing in to us. There is no difference between the two. They are called Custom Grade New Dimension, but often times just go by Custom Grade.

Thanks and have a great day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom