Hornets runnin' off the hummingbirds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My damn hummingbird feeders are swarming with hornets...the birds buzz in and get chased off. Witnessed some epic hornet/bird battles lately. Must be the drought, it's never been this bad before.

Anyone got an idea how to run the hornets off without poisoning/scaring the hummingbirds away?

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I go out several times a day with my custom-made wasp swatter and do battle around my hummingbird feeders. Haven't had to face any hornets yet, but I'm thinking they would be easier to hit than yellowjackets and red wasps.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I go out several times a day with my custom-made wasp swatter and do battle around my hummingbird feeders. Haven't had to face any hornets yet, but I'm thinking they would be easier to hit than yellowjackets and red wasps.

Man, you gotta post up some video of that battle!

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried that, but it was a little blurry and jumpy, what with swinging my swatter and running with the camera shooting back over my shoulder.:doh:

And, I tried those wasp traps, but I guess I just don't know how to make them right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom