Horse Slaughter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomerzz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
NOOOO don't kill the horses!!!

I'm just kidding, if it's your horse, kill it if you want.

It's bad enough that if my dog gets hit by a car in city limits and is crippled and dying I can't put him out of his misery without committing a crime.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My family has run a horse auction for over 65 years. I can tell you that even though the practice of horse slaughter has stopped here in the U.S., horses are still being bought for meat processing. However, now instead of being humanely slaughtered here in a well regulated US facility, they are being shipped to Mexico to be processed. From what I hear, the conditions are not ideal or humane to say the least.

This tends to happen a lot when people have a knee-jerk reaction and jump into a "cause". Sure they feel good about what they have done, and Marilynn Pickens, oops, I mean "people" get to talk about all the good that they have done for society during their dinner parties. Unfortunately, they often, as in this case, make the situation much worse.

Google T. Poone's Ol'Lady and you find out why. Another Foreign National do-gooder here to save us unwashed Colonials.:chop:

LtCCMPUnit42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I make my living off of a horse, and I figure that nobody can get more attatched to one than me. when you spend all day every day dealing with your partner it's gonna happen. I would much rather see one put down than to see one suffer. Since they stopped the killer houses a few years ago, we have worked more animal abuse cases concerning horses than ever before. There are so many people who will go out and buy a horse because the price is down (another byproduct of stopping the killers) that have no buisiness with one because they either don't know how to take care of them, or it has turned into more work than they realized. If you starve a dog or cat, they will go and find something or someplace else to eat if they can. Most horses will stay right where they are untill they starve to death. I love my partner more than I do most people, but you have to be realistic. Last year, I had to put down my main mount due to an accident. (still tear up when I go back and read the posts that all of you guys sent to me back then) It would have been wrong and selfish for me to try to keep him going just to let him suffer. After being my partner for over 15yrs, it was a very hard thing to do, but it still had to be done. Without a slaughter system for horses, the overall health and quality of the entire national herd suffers, because you have too many undesirable animals being introduced back into the gene pool. Let's face it for every good horse that's out there there's 100 that are not, and you have so many people that all of the sudden think they are equine experts that have no idea what they are doing. These are the people that breed for color,appearance, and name, instead of breeding for ability, disposition,physical agility, and bloodline. OK i'll get off my soap box now.:soapbox:

Latest posts

Top Bottom