Horses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I need to find a new home for these 3 horses (keeping the donkey). They were left on some property that we purchased recently. I've found out that I know nothing about hooved critters and would love for these to go to a good home that can give them the time and affection necessary. Both of the young horses are male. We've been told that one is just under a year old and the other is just under 2 years. The old white mare is the ma to both of the youngins and we think that she may be preggers again.

All I ask is that someone take them all and give them a good, caring home.

horses1.jpg

Last edited:

Neanderthal

Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
FWIW... if that burro is still a jack (looks like he is), the mare is probably carrying a mule.

Did ya check with the neighbors to make sure they don't belong to someone local?

I would love to have a mule and have wondered about that myself. Yep, the mule is a Jack.

They belonged to the people we purchased that house and property from. They abandoned them.

A friend contacted me just a bit ago and he's coming out Monday to look at them.

Neanderthal

Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
That mares gonna drag you in a mule colt before too long. All you need is a wagon to go with that team!

We used to coon hunt with mules all of the time when I was younger and it makes me want one again. Then, I wake up and realize how much work and energy I would have to put into one.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
This is from my gf:

You are going to have a mule colt here before long. Check the mare for milk, if she is close to foaling, it may be in yours and her best interest to keep her in place until after she gives birth. You will need to get her off that fescue hay or the colt will run into all sorts of problems. If you can find a nice bermuda or alfalfa hay, that would be best. Supplement with some high quality grain and get her a small mineral block. The boys need to see a vet about brain surgery ;) It is possible for the older of the two to have bred the mare back. Something to be aware of. I do know of a few rescues that could take all three if you cant find someone trust worthy. Send pm if you need anymore info or help.

Neanderthal

Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
This is from my gf:

You are going to have a mule colt here before long. Check the mare for milk, if she is close to foaling, it may be in yours and her best interest to keep her in place until after she gives birth. You will need to get her off that fescue hay or the colt will run into all sorts of problems. If you can find a nice bermuda or alfalfa hay, that would be best. Supplement with some high quality grain and get her a small mineral block. The boys need to see a vet about brain surgery ;) It is possible for the older of the two to have bred the mare back. Something to be aware of. I do know of a few rescues that could take all three if you cant find someone trust worthy. Send pm if you need anymore info or help.

Thanks for the info! I believe I have them a good home - they're coming out Monday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom