Hospital "No Guns" sign

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frayluisfan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi, all.

I've been to St. Francis hospital in Tulsa a few times, but came through a different door today, the main entrance, and saw a sign on it that I don't remember seeing before: "State Law prohibits the possession of concealed weapons on this premises" (or something very close to that).

The "State Law" bit was the part that caught my attention. That's just flat wrong...isn't it?? Is their legal team hopelessly/deliberately misstating the law? Or am I missing something?

Thanks much,
frayluisfan

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is St. Francis a teaching or University hospital? If not, then technically the SDA doesn't explicitly prohibit it. However, business owner's rights grant them to forbid entry (misdemeanor trespassing) just as if they had a no shirt no shoes sign.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked them up and whoever made the decision about the "state law" does not seem to know what they are talking about. It is a catholic hospital and shows no affiliation as a teaching hospital tied to a public or private university.

As it has been said before, concealed is concealed.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Kind of a play on words I'm thinking. State law allows them to post the sign......but a person isn't breaking state law by carrying there, just hospital policy. Almost every hospital could be considered a teaching hospital. EMTs, paramedics, nurses, pharmacists all do hospital/ER rotations before graduation. ...

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was there tonight visiting a friend. That place is huge and you almost need a gps to find your way around. I didn't notice any signs but there are so many entrances and signs
everywhere no one would probably notice a no gun sign anyway. But concealed is concealed I wouldn't worry about it. My bank has a no gun sign but I just ignore it. I think
the only thing they could do is ask you to leave if they knew you were carrying. And I don't think they would want to lose the business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom