Hospital "No Guns" sign

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is St. Francis a teaching or University hospital? If not, then technically the SDA doesn't explicitly prohibit it. However, business owner's rights grant them to forbid entry (misdemeanor trespassing) just as if they had a no shirt no shoes sign.
the law changed. It is not trespassing anymore. They can call the police and the police can give you a ticket if you refuse to leave. That is it.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the law changed. It is not trespassing anymore. They can call the police and the police can give you a ticket if you refuse to leave. That is it.

The carrying of a concealed or unconcealed firearm by a person who has been issued a handgun license on
property that has signs prohibiting the carrying of firearms shall not be deemed a criminal act but may subject to
the person to being denied entrance onto the property or removed from the property. If the person refuses to
leave the property and a peace officer is summoned, the person may be issued a citation for an amount not to
exceed Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.00)

Want to guess what the fine for misdemeanor trespassing is? Or what OK law defines trespass is? They removed the word trespass from the SDA, but that is the actual citation you would receive from the officer if you refused to leave.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Want to guess what the fine for misdemeanor trespassing is? Or what OK law defines trespass is? They removed the word trespass from the SDA, but that is the actual citation you would receive from the officer if you refused to leave.

Officer am I being detained? Officer, am I being detained? Officer am I being detained?

Don't use this defense. You will loose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom