Hot inflation data points to a record-high Social Security cost-of-living adjustment in 2023. Some want to change how increases are measured

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny SS went up 5.9% but Medicare went up 7.5% or more cant remember, so what did you actually get in the end. I dont receive SS at the moment holding off to get the most i can cause after they get thru taking everything out i might be able to afford a postage stamp to mail in my complaint.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well to be fair I got 5.9% on my $2k+ check. My Medicare with plan N is just over $250 so the 7.9% didn’t hurt. I can say I like Medicare better than my private insurance which was okay but cost me $120 month.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, I saw where the official announcement is 8.7% increase for Social Security.

Inflation, well I'm preaching to the choir. It's far more than the official gubbermint figures, cuz figures lie and liars figure.

I'll repeat that. Figures lie, and liars figure. And you can take that to the bank, if you have any money left.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The politicians are bellyaching how much Social security is costing the country and is going to run out of money-and we have paid into it all of our working lives! But nary a comment about welfare running out of money or stopping earned income credit etc. Obama wanted population control and maybe this is one way the Dems have of getting rid of the old folks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom