House Bill 1630

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My last background check took about five minutes.

You still have to fill out the paperwork even without the NICS check.
I've had some go through almost instantly, once waited 45 minutes, and twice hit the 3-day timeout. And I always gave 'em my SS number.

There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to the results. :anyone:

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive purchased two in the last couple of weeks. Both checks took less than a few minutes and I was walking out to the car with my firearms. I was told if I used my CCW on the form, then it would take longer because they do a national check and would have to check OK too.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My understanding is that the bill was written in a way to comply with BATF standards on allowing the 5 year CCP to be acceptable instead of NICS check. My fear however now that the Chipman jag off is being nominated to head the AFT, we may never see the final approval so that it can be implemented.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think someone posted a week or two ago that OSBI has to apply to BATF to see if they will accept this in lieu of NICS. So it's not a done deal, it just means state of Oklahoma will submit an application for approval by the feds. Take that with a grain of salt...
Well we all know what the feds will say.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think someone posted a week or two ago that OSBI has to apply to BATF to see if they will accept this in lieu of NICS. So it's not a done deal, it just means state of Oklahoma will submit an application for approval by the feds. Take that with a grain of salt...

The ATF approval is apparently just a formality. A number of other states have applied for (and received) ATF approval. None of those states were disapproved. The governor's office, and the OK2A group, estimate that the entire process will be finished in time for the law to take effect by the first of November (certainly by the end of the year). There is no historical reason to actually doubt that.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ATF approval is apparently just a formality. A number of other states have applied for (and received) ATF approval. None of those states were disapproved. The governor's office, and the OK2A group, estimate that the entire process will be finished in time for the law to take effect by the first of November (certainly by the end of the year). There is no historical reason to actually doubt that.
Of course, if the ghoul Chipman gets confirmed as the ATF director, I'd say all bets are off...

Latest posts

Top Bottom