House flooded and going to a tankless water heater

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's the issue with the balancing faucet?
I imagine it's because a tankless can be set to below
We have an electric water heater and I've considered an electric tankless. One drawback for us (with either system) is distance from the tank to the kitchen & main bathroom (heater is in the laundry/utility room), but I'd have to run a new 220V line to move it. I've actually considered jumping in a 10gal 120V in the bathroom to overcome the wait.

As mentioned previously, it's always sumthin' ... glad you got it under control. :thumb:
___
Could get a recirc pump... might help a little.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, if I have to replace mine again, I'm going tankless too. That last one like to did me AND my big boy in. I couldn't do that nowadays.
My son and his wife went with a tankless a couple of years ago, and love it! Operates cheaper, and they never run out of hot water, and i think they cost less to buy? I'm defiantly going that way the next one I have to buy!

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My stepson has one. He loves the hot water but really hates the maintenance, says he has to de-scale about every 3 months.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no doubt they’re great for some people. The simplicity of the hot water tank is best for me. If I ran out of hot water often I would just install an additional tank.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Edmond water is hard on all appliances. We’ve been here since the end of March. I should probably go through the descaling process.

Latest posts

Top Bottom