House I’m working on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There were so many water leaks that it rotted out the floor joists and the floor fell in. I’m lifting the house, new floor joists and flooring in the kitchen and bath, all new plumbing and a new kitchen and bath. One of the roughest houses I’ve worked on. Ive never seen more cobbled together plumbing and other work. Looks like someone had been hiring anyone and everyone for decades. Tons of rot. House has water lines that are 100 years old.

Attachments

• 8099960C-637C-4B48-AE3A-7489C5DBFC8A.jpeg
    8099960C-637C-4B48-AE3A-7489C5DBFC8A.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 177
  • E6ACF7DD-4AC1-405B-8E84-B9F59186B1DC.jpeg
    E6ACF7DD-4AC1-405B-8E84-B9F59186B1DC.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 180

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's always a pain making other peoples mistakes right...

I once lived at a place and don't remember exactly what I was doing but ended up looking at the plumbing and there was a literal triangle made in a water line under the bathroom. They used pvc and after putting 90's in they flexed the pipe and made it into a triangle for some reason. There was a T bringing water in, one to supply water to a sink and another to supply water to the shower but for unknown reasons they gave it two paths to get there...

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's always a pain making other peoples mistakes right...

I once lived at a place and don't remember exactly what I was doing but ended up looking at the plumbing and there was a literal triangle made in a water line under the bathroom. They used pvc and after putting 90's in they flexed the pipe and made it into a triangle for some reason. There was a T bringing water in, one to supply water to a sink and another to supply water to the shower but for unknown reasons they gave it two paths to get there...

Yeah, I know what you mean. Fortunately I don’t have to make this right. Just cut it all out and put in new stuff.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
This reminds me of a "remodel" we did about twenty years ago. The only thing we didn't touch on the entire house was the roof because it had been replaced a few years before.

It was a tiny two bedroom, about 800 square feet, in Wewoka. The BIA was paying the bill and would just bulldoze the house if it cost more than $50K to remodel it.

My dad decided we needed to get involved so he put in a bid for just under that amount.

We stripped everything down to the bare studs and joists inside and out, and rebuilt it back like new.

After that experience my dad never bid on any of those projects again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom