House memo states disputed dossier was key to FBI’s FISA warrant to surveil members of Team Trump

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're the one making the claim; it's incumbent upon you to provide the proof if you want to be taken seriously. Unnamed "high-profile" websites that provide no sourcing--or quote an unverifiable source, or each other in circular fashion--are pretty weak proof.
CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC,........
Good Lord, what the fawk does it take to make a credible news source these days?
The gawdamm new media relies on leaks. Pencil neck Adam Shiff in the congressional investigation committee would excuse himself to the bathroom to leak intel. WTF?

Last edited:

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dave, this was a quick search

Text messages exchanged between Peter Strzok and Lisa Page show the two FBI officials discussing “security/monitoring” issues with FBI-issued cell phones, according to a letter sent Wednesday to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/01/strzok-page-texts-show-concern-with-security-monitoring-issues/

“These phones suck as much as they do because of the program we use to capture texts, full stop,” Page, an FBI lawyer, said in an Aug. 2016 text message highlighted by Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson, the chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.

In a letter to Rosenstein, Johnson signaled that he is expanding an investigation into current and former FBI officials’ use of non-government phones and email accounts.

More....

https://saraacarter.com/new-strzok-page-emails-discuss-evasion-message-archiving/amp/
According to text messages produced by the committee, Ms. Page and Mr. Strzok make references to communicating with other FBI employees via text message, phone call, email, and voice mail,” stated Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee Chairman Sen. Ron Johnson, in a letter dated Jan. 31, to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. “Additional text messages suggest that FBI officials used non-official email accounts and messaging programs to communicate about official business.”

Here’s a portion of the text messages:

Strzok: “Hot damn. I’m happy to pilot that…we get around our security/monitoring issues?”

Page: “No, he’s proposing that we just stop following them. Apparently, the requirement to capture texts came from omb, but we’re the only org (I’m told) who is following that rule. His point is, if no one else is doing it why should we.”

Page: Helps that Dd had a terrible time with his phone [redacted] which made him concerned for our folks all over the place.

Page: These phones suck as much as they do because of the program we use to capture texts, full stop.

Strzok: No doubt.

Strzok: I’m not convinced short of OPR, that text capture capability really deters anything.

Strzok: If I want to copy/take classified, I’m sure as hell not going to do it on this phone.

In the above text messages, Strzok’s reference to “Dd” is possibly referring to Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, per Johnson’s letter’s footnote.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dave, this was a quick search

Text messages exchanged between Peter Strzok and Lisa Page show the two FBI officials discussing “security/monitoring” issues with FBI-issued cell phones, according to a letter sent Wednesday to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/01/strzok-page-texts-show-concern-with-security-monitoring-issues/

“These phones suck as much as they do because of the program we use to capture texts, full stop,” Page, an FBI lawyer, said in an Aug. 2016 text message highlighted by Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson, the chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.

In a letter to Rosenstein, Johnson signaled that he is expanding an investigation into current and former FBI officials’ use of non-government phones and email accounts.

More....

https://saraacarter.com/new-strzok-page-emails-discuss-evasion-message-archiving/amp/
According to text messages produced by the committee, Ms. Page and Mr. Strzok make references to communicating with other FBI employees via text message, phone call, email, and voice mail,” stated Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee Chairman Sen. Ron Johnson, in a letter dated Jan. 31, to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. “Additional text messages suggest that FBI officials used non-official email accounts and messaging programs to communicate about official business.”

Here’s a portion of the text messages:

Strzok: “Hot damn. I’m happy to pilot that…we get around our security/monitoring issues?”

Page: “No, he’s proposing that we just stop following them. Apparently, the requirement to capture texts came from omb, but we’re the only org (I’m told) who is following that rule. His point is, if no one else is doing it why should we.”

Page: Helps that Dd had a terrible time with his phone [redacted] which made him concerned for our folks all over the place.

Page: These phones suck as much as they do because of the program we use to capture texts, full stop.

Strzok: No doubt.

Strzok: I’m not convinced short of OPR, that text capture capability really deters anything.

Strzok: If I want to copy/take classified, I’m sure as hell not going to do it on this phone.

In the above text messages, Strzok’s reference to “Dd” is possibly referring to Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, per Johnson’s letter’s footnote.

You missed the point entirely, as did Slim Deal when he made his inflammatory and unfounded post. Taking what Strozk and Page did, and applying it to "nearly every sob" in federal agencies is the point.

Now he can't back up his big talk and neither Dave nor myself are inclined to let it slide. You know me and I'm as counter-liberal as they come, but BS is still BS. :(

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry , don't know about "nearly every". So far only these two are known for sure to have used burner phones and none issued email addresses.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You missed the point entirely, as did Slim Deal when he made his inflammatory and unfounded post. Taking what Strozk and Page did, and applying it to "nearly every sob" in federal agencies is the point.

Now he can't back up his big talk and neither Dave nor myself are inclined to let it slide. You know me and I'm as counter-liberal as they come, but BS is still BS. :(
You know I"m a supporter of yours to the end, but those that do use burner phones are not going to show up on some government or CNN poll.
I know several LEO that use them with tacit approval of their agency to keep communications silent.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know I"m a supporter of yours to the end, but those that do use burner phones are not going to show up on some government or CNN poll.
I know several LEO that use them with tacit approval of their agency to keep communications silent.
Wow, knock me over with a feather. I have seen LEO's sit down for lunch and have 2 phones on the table while forking. Thought never crossed my mind that one is "official" and the other "backdoor". Always figured it was for the wife and kids and buddies. I'll have to ask about this.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One may be official and the other there personal phone? Nobody knows. Most likely that is the case.
There are abuses of power and backdoors around every regulation in this country. Most .gov employees follow them to the letter, some do not, legally and some illegally.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That was text from chadho's posting. The bold part indicates to me that at least one person in the FBI knew that other agencies or organizations used non-official phones for "secure" communication.

Latest posts

Top Bottom