House/Property Sitters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This may seem like an odd question but thought I'd ask anyways. Wife and I live out in the country about 8 miles NW of Bristow on Hwy 16. Between Bristow and Drumright. Although my wife was born and raised in Sapulpa she spent about 23 years in Socal with me. Now that we are back in Oklahoma, we mostly hang out with here parents, which are awesome, and my wife's sister's family. Don't have a lot of close friends out here and none with late teenage - late 20s kids that are house sitting age.

Where am i going with this? We have 45 acres, two homes on the property and two Boxer dogs about 3 years old. Not knowing a lot of people in OK we tend to get "trapped" at home due to the dogs and not having anyone to house sit over night. Don't need it often but is now making some of our Summer vacation plans and Parents Weekend at OSU plans a bit more challenging. We can leave the dogs all day no problem but not possible overnight, long weekend or a week+ vacation unless we take them, which we try to do. We are also wanting to get some farm critters but that will enhance our current challenges.

We are looking for one of a couple things. Is there any sort of legit and trustworthy house/property sitting service in Eastern OK that any of you have used? Or, if any of you know of a trusted friend or family member that does this sort of thing please let me know. Not a lot needs to be done other than stay in one of our houses and keep an eye on the place and feed our two dogs while were are out of town. Down the line other things like checking on any other animals we may get (wife drags home from some place selling goats, donkeys or chickens, etc.). Of course we would pay for them to watch our place. Not looking for a long term or permanent help situation but just when we are gone out for a night or two or week.

Let me know if you have a recommendation. And, if any of you would be interested to get out of the city and relax in a nice quiet and peaceful setting, let's talk. Thanks for reading.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This may seem like an odd question but thought I'd ask anyways. Wife and I live out in the country about 8 miles NW of Bristow on Hwy 16. Between Bristow and Drumright. Although my wife was born and raised in Sapulpa she spent about 23 years in Socal with me. Now that we are back in Oklahoma, we mostly hang out with here parents, which are awesome, and my wife's sister's family. Don't have a lot of close friends out here and none with late teenage - late 20s kids that are house sitting age.

Where am i going with this? We have 45 acres, two homes on the property and two Boxer dogs about 3 years old. Not knowing a lot of people in OK we tend to get "trapped" at home due to the dogs and not having anyone to house sit over night. Don't need it often but is now making some of our Summer vacation plans and Parents Weekend at OSU plans a bit more challenging. We can leave the dogs all day no problem but not possible overnight, long weekend or a week+ vacation unless we take them, which we try to do. We are also wanting to get some farm critters but that will enhance our current challenges.

We are looking for one of a couple things. Is there any sort of legit and trustworthy house/property sitting service in Eastern OK that any of you have used? Or, if any of you know of a trusted friend or family member that does this sort of thing please let me know. Not a lot needs to be done other than stay in one of our houses and keep an eye on the place and feed our two dogs while were are out of town. Down the line other things like checking on any other animals we may get (wife drags home from some place selling goats, donkeys or chickens, etc.). Of course we would pay for them to watch our place. Not looking for a long term or permanent help situation but just when we are gone out for a night or two or week.

Let me know if you have a recommendation. And, if any of you would be interested to get out of the city and relax in a nice quiet and peaceful setting, let's talk. Thanks for reading.
We just had someone post about a service like you're needing. I didn't think the prices were outrageous either. Kind of a home/farm sitter service.
Hopefully they see this and bring up the link.

Edit: We are gone months at a time in the RV and have a single friend that loves to come out and stay while we are gone. Also have One heck of a good security system for backup when our sitter is gone to work. Inside and out.

Last edited:

GIJROB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We just had someone post about a service like you're needing. I didn't think the prices were outrageous either. Kind of a home/farm sitter service.
Hopefully they see this and bring up the link.

Edit: We are gone months at a time in the RV and have a single friend that loves to come out and stay while we are gone. Also have One heck of a good security system for backup when our sitter is gone to work. Inside and out.
Bud you're going to have to reset the tin cans i fell over them the other night. 😂

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stayed and watched after a house and 26 acres outside of Claremore a couple of years ago, the guy had a range out back and I could shoot from the porch, took a couple of coyotes out while I was there too ! Watched deer come into the back yard to eat along with lots of other critters, it was fun and I got free rent the whole time for my garage apartment and the house. With all that said I’d be open to a weekend once in a while if you needed someone ? A whole week would be tough with my work.

Attachments

• DC3E0595-09F0-49DA-8DA7-09713CBA5990.jpeg
    DC3E0595-09F0-49DA-8DA7-09713CBA5990.jpeg
    767.3 KB · Views: 0
  • C75E6201-F7B0-44A6-8734-D3ACE157D0F3.jpeg
    C75E6201-F7B0-44A6-8734-D3ACE157D0F3.jpeg
    981.6 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom