House window advice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is the most reasonable way to replace the windows, have a guy come out and measure the windows to make sure that they'll fit-there aren't any do-overs if you get it wrong. And it doesn't take a college graduate to replace a window, the crews sure can mess up the caulk going around the windows!

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I replaced some windows some windows myself. They were damaged by the tornado last year. Thermal Windows was the best price and the best quality I could find.

I'll give Thermal Windows another vote.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best investment we have made so far! Our house was built in 1982 and we replaced all windows with Andersen brand windows in April 1999. We live in west Moore and our house had to be rebricked after the May tornado just a month later. Not one problem with our windows since installed and our house stands out in appearance from the windows more than the new brick exterior.

Measuring is critical and the most important step in whatever brand you go with. We have aluminum frames and they do get cold in the winter when I touch them, so I don't touch them anymore, lol.

Blakew

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive been remodeling and painting homes here in Tulsa for 6 years. I would appreciate the chance to bid. I prefer windows made by cdk. theyre made in kansas. Very high quality glass and a great design for remodel drop ins. I have little to no overhead and I know for a fact im less than thermal windowsabd champion. Ill match or beat any estimate. Consider it a free upgrade in quality!

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not the OP, just a guy who has crappy single pane, cheap Gray aluminum frame Windows in a house that was built in the sixties. Have gotten bids from several different contractors and done quite a bit of research on windows. Pretty daunting endeavor. Mine have needed replacing for quite awhile. I am pretty confident that the Sunrise window is gonna be a pretty good choice for us. I got a contractor that I have a good level of confidence in as well. Confidence in both of those things can help considerably.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom