How busy is OKC Gun Club on weekdays?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IFawDown

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hey there, Ive been considering becoming a member at the OKC gun club once orientations start up again, and was just wondering if anyone here knows if theres any times during the week where you can usually expect to have one of the rifle or pistol ranges to yourself.

Not that I dont like other being around people or expect club members to be as sketchy as the random yahoos you sometimes enounter at the WMA/Gun store ranges, I just like being alone when I go shooting alone.

Thanks!

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on where you are shooting. For instance if you are on the bench rest ranges there will usually be a few folks around. If you are at the action pistol bays, you can always have a bay to yourself, and this is true on most weekends as well.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been to the Muzzle loader range - limited to 100 yards - by myself on weekday mornings.
The Benchrest range usually has a few folks there, particularly in the weeks before deer season.

2 weeks ago, on two separate days, there were 4 or 5 at the Benchrest range before 9am. But, I've been there by myself at times also.

Just staple several targets to the butt, don't get in a hurry, and be pleasant to others. It goes a long way in them cooperating with you.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As others have already said, it’s amazingly quiet during weekdays. The bench rest range has been closed/limited most of the year due to construction and improvements but I’ve still had several quiet mornings to myself up there at the other ranges.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Other than the Benchrest it is a ghost town most days.

But even on a pretty busy Sat you can find a bay on the Cowboy/IPSC side

Latest posts

Top Bottom