How Can I Actually Retire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Become a Range Safety Officer (RSO) and join a range. Tri City Gun club in Norman has retired guys out there all the time making sure the suburbanites don't accidently shoot themselves or someone else.
I was going to halfway tongue in cheek suggest sitting around a gun range all day yelling at people "Slow down! The speed limit is 3 miles an hour!" and telling some people "You can't shoot that here!" while your good buddies blaze away with the exact same thing on the firing line.
^^Seriously OP, whatever your hobby please don't become one of those people.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another thread got me thinking about this. I retired in 2011, rode a motorcycle around a couple of years, and have “worked” a few part time gigs since then for something to do. I quit my last one when it became more trouble than it was worth.

I’m having knee replacement 1/17 for the third time and will be down a bit. I like to play golf, read, and go to grandkids sports. Besides that, I have a really hard time sitting around. I’m not rich but have a decent retirement income. What hobbies or what things do you old farts suggest for me. I’d really like something interesting to do whether volunteer or a fun part time gig. I NEVER want to manage people again.
I need a sugar daddy.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m no old geezer, but aside from hunting, fishing, and shooting, I thoroughly enjoy home/car audio. Listening to it, learning about it, building it. Building your own speakers can be as simple or as complicated as you would like it to be. Or even just buying speakers and piecing together a little listening room for yourself. It’s really rewarding.
Carpentry plays into this, and is another thing I enjoy.
Fixing up vehicles might be your cup of tea, go buy something to restore. You loved motorcycles, they take up even less space, maybe a homemade bobber or a mild restoration is in the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom