How deer see

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good info! Sometimes you think how can that deer not see me when raising a gun or bringing a bow into play.
Humans would see that in a heartbeat, but deer don't because of what was reported in the video. Basically tunnel vision.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you look into movement speed, you'll notice that deer see at a different frame rate as well. If you move slowly (less than 24fps) you could stand in front of a deer looking at you and they'd never see you move. Deer vision has been an interest of mine over the years and I've learned a bit about it.
Clothes washing with brighteners tends to allow for an increased reflection of UV light also, which is why the good ones don't contain brighteners. I've been interested in camo clothing though as most print their pattern on a gray background. Gray is a shade of blue which increases the chances of being seen, particularly in low light. Most is created to catch the hunters eye. There was a report made of the original Kuiu pattern. The guide thought it stood out like a sore thumb, but when his clients moved away from him, he lost them in the vegetation and couldn't pick them out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom