How Defective Guns Became the Only Product That Can’t Be Recalled

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Bloomberg article from 2017

Two things to discuss here, Taurus and the lack of oversight of faulty firearms in the U.S.

Has this already been hashed over? Does everyone know some Taurus firearms can fire without being touched?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...ecame-the-only-product-that-can-t-be-recalled

Wheeles showed them how the Taurus gun that killed Jarred would fire, even with the safety on. “In about 10 seconds he showed us three different ways that gun could go off on its own,” Sonie says.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taurus in general makes some junk. There can be some good stuff but you don’t know if you’re going to get it. Their quality control has been known for a while. Ive known at least for about two decades. I think you have a 50/50 chance of a good one or a lemon. Junk pistols and revolvers, loose sights, junk factory OEM new mags that get stuck in the gun and you have to fight to get out or won’t lock in place to begin with, new revolver’s that are out of time like old worn out antiques, and even the little PT 22 is hit and miss. That’s off the top of my head and I know there’s a lot more I’m forgetting

Latest posts

Top Bottom