How do Governor candidate's stand on constitutional carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Edmondson is a lying politician. He is a democrat. That says it all. He also is a Hilary supporter. He wants to get rid of AR’s. But that ain’t all. He is part of the “I support the 2A crowd” but his policies are all anti 2A. I don’t care what kind of a guy he is. He is NOT what we need in our state. Stitt May not be perfect but neither is Trump and look what that has gotten us. Edmondson is trying to pander to all the teachers with all his pro teacher rhetoric. He also lied and said he wasn’t going to run negative ads against Stitt. I see at least one every morning on news 9. He is a slimy, lying, crooked, typical democrat looking to further his crooked political career. No the 2A isn’t the only issue that matters. He ain’t gonna do anything that is good for our state, period. If you want to vote for this pile of crap go right ahead. When our state goes further doesn’t be toilet because of him you will be partly to blame.

Well, one of them is going to be the next Governor, so which should it be? What has been your experience with Edmondson that formed your pretty strong condemnation? Has anyone here had any experience with Stitt?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, one of them is going to be the next Governor, so which should it be? What has been your experience with Edmondson that formed your pretty strong condemnation? Has anyone here had any experience with Stitt?
How many voters have personal experience with a given candidate? Almost none.

If you want a glimpse into Edmonson, just look at what he did to the poultry companies. He told them he was going to drag them into court. They asked what they could do and were willing to come to the table and talk. He wasn't. The poultry companies were in compliance with all federal and state requirements and even doing more in some cases. He drug them into court as AG and shook them down for millions.

There's your good democrat right there...

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not supporting Edmondson, just trying to gin up facts for consideration rather than "just another lying democrat". Because we have other saying " Just another lying Republican". This party nonsense is killing us. I have known Edmondson, and his family for over 50 years, and I'm probably going to support Stitt, but I want yo learn more about him before I do. Because, again, one of these guys is going to be Govenor, and I'd like to vote for the one I think will do the best job.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not supporting Edmondson, just trying to gin up facts for consideration rather than "just another lying democrat". Because we have other saying " Just another lying Republican". This party nonsense is killing us. I have known Edmondson, and his family for over 50 years, and I'm probably going to support Stitt, but I want yo learn more about him before I do. Because, again, one of these guys is going to be Govenor, and I'd like to vote for the one I think will do the best job.
Well I knew David Walters and had family very close to him since school too. He was a good guy too. Never voted for him.

Edmonson will take the Chesapeakes, Devons, and Continentals and others into that courtroom next over their causing earthquakes. Mark it down.

When they take their dollars to Texas and North Dakota, where will we be? Will we be better off? It just the democrat way to break it off in big business. At least Joe Dorman said so. He lost. Don't think Edmonson didn't notice why.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pulled this from Newsok:

Democratic gubernatorial candidate Drew Edmondson said Tuesday that the state requirements for carrying a handgun should also apply to purchasing some semi-automatic rifles, a change that would prevent teenagers from buying so-called assault weapons.

In an interview, Edmondson said he had been mulling the assault rifle proposal recently and that the killing of 17 people at a Florida high school last week "certainly brought it home."

The 19-year-old shooter charged with the killings used an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle that he purchased legally, according to media reports.

President Donald Trump on Tuesday called for a national ban on bump stocks, devices that make the AR-15 fire more rapidly. The White House said it was still considering whether to support a federal age requirement for buying some weapons.

Trump's proposed ban on bump stocks stems from the October massacre of people attending a concert in Las Vegas. The gunman in last week's Florida shooting did not use one.

Edmondson served as Oklahoma attorney general for 16 years. When he ran for Congress in 1992, he accepted donations from the National Rifle Association. He said Tuesday he was a member of the organization but quit more than 20 years ago after its highly charged rhetoric about federal law enforcement officers.

Edmondson said his proposal would apply the same definition for assault weapons as was in the national ban that expired in 2004.

The law defined assault rifles as semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of these: a folding or telescoping stock; a pistol grip; a bayonet mount; a flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one; a grenade launcher.

He said when he received his permit to carry a concealed handgun, he had to submit to a background check by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation and meet several requirements. Among them were being 21 years old with no felony convictions or history of mental illness or domestic violence.

"I see no reason that same regimen shouldn't apply to the purchase of an assault weapon,'' he said.

Oklahoma's current licensing requirements apply to open and concealed carry. A person must be 21, submit to an OSBI background check and have no history of violence, substance abuse or mental illness.

Applying the same requirements to the purchase of an assault weapon "would help a great deal prospectively," Edmondson said Tuesday. "It would keep teenagers from buying assault rifles."

Having read this, I can't believe he would be on board with Constitutional Carry. Also, the fact he wants to use the definitions of "assault weapon" from the ridiculous "Assualt Weapons Ban" indicates to me at least, he is just another politician who wants to legislate firearms without knowing a damn thing about them.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I knew David Walters and had family very close to him since school too. He was a good guy too. Never voted for him.

Edmonson will take the Chesapeakes, Devons, and Continentals and others into that courtroom next over their causing earthquakes. Mark it down.

When they take their dollars to Texas and North Dakota, where will we be? Will we be better off? It just the democrat way to break it off in big business. At least Joe Dorman said so. He lost. Don't think Edmonson didn't notice why.

This is the kind of information we need to be discussing. Constitutional Carry, while important to us, is a very small issue compared to the rest of what will be coming during their term. And we need to talk details instead of the bumper sticker topics.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WHAT?! Facts and thoughtful consideration? We'll have none of that around here!

For shame, sir. For shame.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the kind of information we need to be discussing. Constitutional Carry, while important to us, is a very small issue compared to the rest of what will be coming during their term. And we need to talk details instead of the bumper sticker topics.
I've heard it explained quite well something like this. If a candidate understands the framer's intent of the 2A and is still pro 2A, then it's a good bet he's a solid choice across the board. Why? Because he "gets it".

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just found this. I guess he's in the pure nutty phase of his campaign now and he's not had a family member killed by a drunk driver.

What an idiot. He is of the kind that wants to be easier on criminals. Typical democrat. Like I have said before. No one needs to know anything about Edmondson other than he is a democrat. He claims to be pro 2A but ain’t. He is a blatant liar. He will do everything in his power to hammer the 2A to include outright banning AR’s and similar weapons. He is of the belief that he should be able to carry and own certain weapons but us common folk shouldn’t. Guarantee it. Are their bad republicans? Absolutely. Is Stitt going to be a great governor? I don’t know. But I am gonna give him the chance just like I did Trump. Edmondson being a Hilary supporter should tell you everything you need to know as well. Do NOT vote for Edmondson if you value the 2A and you want to improve the state.

Latest posts

Top Bottom