How do I tell if this stuff is snakeshot or blanks, or?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BTW that crimped rat shot Peters brand wasn't worth a crap.
The CCI with the blue plastic tip gives a better pattern.
I have some blue cap CCI stamped 38 special but doesn't fit in the cylinder of a single 38 I own. I had kind of written off the entire branch of the company.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
6EFD521C-CAB0-46BD-A753-8B45A572EE41.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ones with the crimped ends is rat shot ( i have shot a lot of them over the years and still have some today sitting on the shelf)
The U Mark is for the Union Metalic Cartridge Company, part of Remington Arms since the early 20th century."
Yes. ^^^^Same here.
For those that haven't used them, it's typically #12 shot which is tiny and doesn't carry much penetration. You have to be really....REALLY close to kill a rat or snake with them because the rifling in the barrel really spreads the shot out quickly.
Quickly like a foot diameter in a few feet. Not many pellets within that diameter.
I use them on the wood bees that come around the house. Call it redneck trapshooting. They hover just before going into the nest, and they go down. I could use spray on them, but the shot shells are more fun.
You can buy capsules from speer to load your own using whatever shot you want. I have some for .38 and some for .44. Killed one rabbit with the .44 a few years back. I was using #7.5 shot at about 4 yards. Only three pellets hit it after taking the skin off and it was just sitting there sideways under a bush. Dead is dead though.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remington 552 eats it just fine. Learned that many decades ago when my grandpa accidentally bought some. I didn’t know any better and loaded up, started shooting at the target. He made fun of me for not hitting it. We pulled back the target, I hit it all right. Those are tiny, tiny shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom