How do you break in your leather holsters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering how everyone does it. I recently came across a Galco 1911 holster (I believe it's the Combat Master) that used to belong to my dad. It hasn't had a gun in it for a very long time ( to be honest, I don't know if he ever used it, since his gun of choice was a S&W model 10), so even though I primarily carry a Sig P229, I do own a couple of 1911 GI models that should work well with it. I've been wearing it around the house for a few days with my Remington R1 and I really like it. It holds the gun really close with little to no printing. It is a bit tight though, and the draw from it can stick a bit. I've been using the plastic bag technique to try to loosen it up overnight and would be interested to know how other people break in their leather holsters

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have Gary Brommeland max con 5. He seems to like wax paper, seemed to work.

Only thing I know about breaking in leather are baseball gloves and I used snow seal on those.

j99tc88

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holster I bought awhile back was really tight, they had me put the gun inside two zip lock bags and force it in, over night I was good. Also had a holster shipped with a small bottle of leather lube, didn’t leave any on the gun it was slick, worked pretty well.

CrappieSlayer44

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
what ever I am going to put in the leather holster I put it in a cheap dress sock and then shove the gun while in the dress sock into the holster..... button the snap and put it in the safe for a few weeks. after that it should fit just fine and be good to go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom