How do you carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you carry

• 2 o'clock (appendix)

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • 3 o'clock

Votes: 37 24.7%
  • 4 o'clock

Votes: 60 40.0%
  • 5 o'clock

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • 6 o'clock

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • cross draw

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • other

Votes: 20 13.3%

• Total voters

OathTree_DFT

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My vote of "other" explained:

I carry in a variety of ways, each depending on the situation or environment. For everyday, especially if I'm out walking around a lot, I will carry @ 2 o'clock (appendix): 100% of the time during the warmer climate times, 80% during the colder climate times. If not appendix 4 o'clock. If driving long distances, more than an 90 mins, I carry cross-draw. Placing the firearm on the door-side of the vehicle allows for better access to the firearm and direct alignment to 95% of threats encountered while driving. This will either be at either 8 or 9 o'clock or in a shoulder holster ("jack-ass" rig).

My question to everyone else that carries in various postions is this: Do you practice your draw techniques and standard procedures from the varying positions that you carry?

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OTHER:

I pocket carry. My primary is a Ruger LC9 and sometimes I'll pocket carry my Colt revolver.

I carried IWB for a year or two with a XD .40 sub-compact at the 2:30 position using a crossbreed holster. I gave that up for a few reasons. I had a hard time keeping my shirt tucked in, never got comfortable with how the gun would occasionally point into my leg in certain sitting positions, and never liked all that weight.

I also like the convenience of pocket carry. While I don't think I really draw any faster, I feel more comfortable that I can casually put my hand in my pocket and get a head start on a draw.

Latest posts

Top Bottom