How do you carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you carry

• 2 o'clock (appendix)

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • 3 o'clock

Votes: 37 24.7%
  • 4 o'clock

Votes: 60 40.0%
  • 5 o'clock

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • 6 o'clock

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • cross draw

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • other

Votes: 20 13.3%

• Total voters

cdoan02

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on the weather. OWB at 3:30-4 o'clock when I have a jacket. IWB appendix carry when I'm wearing extra light/tight clothing.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My vote of "other" explained:

I carry in a variety of ways, each depending on the situation or environment. For everyday, especially if I'm out walking around a lot, I will carry @ 2 o'clock (appendix): 100% of the time during the warmer climate times, 80% during the colder climate times. If not appendix 4 o'clock. If driving long distances, more than an 90 mins, I carry cross-draw. Placing the firearm on the door-side of the vehicle allows for better access to the firearm and direct alignment to 95% of threats encountered while driving. This will either be at either 8 or 9 o'clock or in a shoulder holster ("jack-ass" rig).

My question to everyone else that carries in various postions is this: Do you practice your draw techniques and standard procedures from the varying positions that you carry?

Too many variations ....minimum 2 weeks when changing platforms...no safety(glock, MP) to 1911

usually between 3 and 5 o'clock...second in left pocket or 7-8 o'clock

I dont change the style/type of holster other than IWB/OWB

Crossbreed, CTAC, MTAC..IWB

Don Hume, Galco... OWB

Ive been looking at shoulder rigs...(as Im getting rounder, its either that or get Less round...and yes ...round Is a shape.. LOL)

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OTHER: I pocket carry. My primary is a Ruger LC9 and sometimes I'll pocket carry my Colt revolver. I carried IWB for a year or two with a XD .40 sub-compact at the 2:30 position using a crossbreed holster. I gave that up for a few reasons. I had a hard time keeping my shirt tucked in, never got comfortable with how the gun would occasionally point into my leg in certain sitting positions, and never liked all that weight. I also like the convenience of pocket carry. While I don't think I really draw any faster, I feel more comfortable that I can casually put my hand in my pocket and get a head start on a draw.

That's my favorite thing about pocket carry

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OTHER:

I pocket carry. My primary is a Ruger LC9 and sometimes I'll pocket carry my Colt revolver.

I carried IWB for a year or two with a XD .40 sub-compact at the 2:30 position using a crossbreed holster. I gave that up for a few reasons. I had a hard time keeping my shirt tucked in, never got comfortable with how the gun would occasionally point into my leg in certain sitting positions, and never liked all that weight.

I also like the convenience of pocket carry. While I don't think I really draw any faster, I feel more comfortable that I can casually put my hand in my pocket and get a head start on a draw.

Or.....just shoot from your pocket, now thats fast... ;)

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been switching off between pocket carry and owb carry with my M&P bodyguard. It just depends on what I feel like doing that particular day. I have a desantis pocket tuk holster and a desantis owb holster with thumb break that clips onto my belt.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Usually carry from 3-4:00, OWB with either a Charter Arms Bulldog or Ruger SP-101 in a Simply Rugged pancake holster. Every now and then will carry my 3.5" 1911 in a belt slide at 4-5:00 position.

Latest posts

Top Bottom