How do you feel about your sister inlaw?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess I'm just lucky. It may have taken my two sisters six weddings, but they finally found good men I like spending time with. On that flip side, I learned a long time ago to keep both them sisters away from the women I date. They always focus on the flaws as if they'd had perfect relationship records lol.

Yea sisters cab be a problem when it comes to wives or girlfriends. That Girl has "chatted" with a couple of my sisters on FB. I think she understands why the wife and I only talk to them on FB. :P

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WoW!
Sorry to hear about all the sibling and in-law issues.
Guessing we are fortunate having zero issues among in-laws, cousins, etc.
My parents and in-laws were best friends even after their daughter decided cheating was cool.
We had big gatherings on holidays of both families without issues.
Even after being remarried into another family we now have three families that congregate.
I'm good with the ex wife being there if she wants. Her parents treated me like a son for 15 years and I don't forget that.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WoW!
Sorry to hear about all the sibling and in-law issues.
Guessing we are fortunate having zero issues among in-laws, cousins, etc.
My parents and in-laws were best friends even after their daughter decided cheating was cool.
We had big gatherings on holidays of both families without issues.
Even after being remarried into another family we now have three families that congregate.
I'm good with the ex wife being there if she wants. Her parents treated me like a son for 15 years and I don't forget that.

Well, if we're gonna talk cousins... I'm the A-hole in my family of first cousins. They've been asking me twice a year for a decade to come out and shoot guns. As much as I love sharing the sport, I always tell em "I'm not comfortable encouraging felons to handle firearms." I'm the only non-felon among all the boys.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, if we're gonna talk cousins... I'm the A-hole in my family of first cousins. They've been asking me twice a year for a decade to come out and shoot guns. As much as I love sharing the sport, I always tell em "I'm not comfortable encouraging felons to handle firearms." I'm the only non-felon among all the boys.
It's been a few years, but our family has always had reunions in the past. It's fallen from Vouge from what I hear.
Couple of us cooked on our smokers and had plenty of food to go around with others bringing sides. Great time.
Need to get this started again.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been a few years, but our family has always had reunions in the past. It's fallen from Vouge from what I hear.
Couple of us cooked on our smokers and had plenty of food to go around with others bringing sides. Great time.
Need to get this started again.
That's how I grew up. We had big reunions at the Government Springs Park in Enid. I guess because it was centrally located for everyone. It was always scheduled right after harvest and we always had a blast. Mom's side we all met at grandma's house and it was full to the rafters with relatives. None of us drank alcohol as everyone was supper straight and super religious. My uncle was a pastor. Now because of my wife and her pettiness, to keep a semi happy home I have to go by myself to see any of my family. So I guess my wife is the problem in our family.

I had some really good friends before I got married. Friends I visited constantly and introduced to my wife. They were all invited and came to our wedding. We gave one of them the keys to the house while we were on a honeymoon. We got back and they had ripped all the labels off of the canned goods, trashed the house, (not vandalized just tore it up), poured Grape Nuts and Cornflakes into the bed and made a few stuffed people laying around the house using our clothes. The new wifey was so hot she made me call them and break off all ties with them. I haven't seen any of them since and it has been over 35 years.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think my feelings on the matter are "ambivalent ambivalence". Wife's brother is a real piece of work. We don't have much dealings with them anymore. Que sara, sara.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife's sisters are cool, I like them. They adore me for some reason, so they dote on me whenever we're around. Of course, both of their husbands are PoS's, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Other family I don't have much, if any, contact with. I haven't spoken to my brother in something like 20 years. Not a great loss to me.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get along great with my brother and sister-in-law, and I’m definitely the favorite uncle to their kids. I buy them the cool presents for birthdays and Christmas.

I spent this past weekend with my wife’s sister and brother-in-law, and we all get along great too. They don’t visit often due to jobs and over all life, but we always have a good time when we get together. My niece is a sweet heart and lives in the same town as us now after growing up in DFW, and she’s acclimated really well to small town life.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't hear from my remaining family. I haven't hear a word from one SIL since my brother died. The other one I really don't know that well.

That's how I grew up. We had big reunions at the Government Springs Park in Enid. I guess because it was centrally located for everyone. It was always scheduled right after harvest and we always had a blast.
My mother's side of the family used to hold reunions every year. The reunions were typically at Schaffenburg Lodge in Kingfisher, only place large enough to handle everybody. That ended a long time ago, when the aunts and uncles died off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom