How do you get motorcycle endorsement on added to Drivers license?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those things were scary, at least the later ones were. Had more power than the frame could handle if modded just a little.

Yep, 1972 H2, THE original crotch rocket. I purchased the second one sold in Tulsa, good friend was the the owner of the shop, he got the first one. I had a pretty stout Mach III 500, but he called me to come over for a test ride on the new 750 he got in that morning. He knew he would have sure sale.

Drove it 4 miles home, pulled the jugs off and got the grinder out and did the little "Racing Mod Sheet" Kawasaki had provided the shop manager with. Wife had the Werges expansion chambers in the trunk that were immediately bolted on as it went back together a couple hours later. Had to wait 3 days to get the stiffer clutch springs to keep from busting it loose. Kinda a good thing I guess, forced me to drive it a little easy to break it in. Ha Ha

After a while there were several around with the same mods, my friend and I would be wheel to wheel from 50 to 100mph so I had to figure out something better. Air intake was under the seat, just a round hole facing up in the airflow into a filter can. I formed a small piece of cardboard to create an air dam behind it, turning it into a scoop rather than just free airflow across, painted it black so it would not be noticeable, and now I had a consistent 6' advantage accelerating from 50 to 100 over my buddy. Kinda felt bad I never told him how I did it. Well, not really bad enough to share it with him for quite a while. Ha Ha They are your friend until the flag goes down, ya know?

Yep, most fun street bike I ever owned. 56k miles and was only out of Tulsa County a few times. It was definitely a stoplight special. You could boil the back tire if you wanted, kick it into second, and immediately had to back off the throttle through 3rd to just keeping the front tire dangling before hitting 4th where it would settle back down and you could get back to full throttle.

Sometimes we look back and wonder how we are still alive. Wahoo, let's go around one more time.

Sorry we got off topic here, but sometimes we just can't help ourselves. When you get you M on your license, remember. When you throw your leg over that seat, magically you and that motorcycle become "invisible". People pull out in front of trains, trucks, and cars, do you think they are going to treat you any different? Stay safe and enjoy.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All reminiscing aside..

As noted, Written test then rising test, or MSF course followed by the riding test.

More specifically, you take JUST the written test and get an M endorsement, but with an "A" restriction. Which means you are a "Motorcycle Learner" and must be within view of a licensed driver while motorcycling.

Taking the riding rest then removes the "A" restriction.

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I got my M endorsement in 2008 your MSF course was in lieu of the driving test and I still had to take the written test. Piece of cake and the MSF course is a lot of fun. I recommend it. Many motorcycle accessory shops give a discount if you've done the MSF course.

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.osuokc.edu/motorcycle/

If you need to hone your current motorcycle skills or simply learn the basics of driving a motorcycle, check out our Motorcycle Rider Training courses. Our courses are taught on a one-of-a-kind secure, enclosed driving facility at the OSU-Oklahoma City Precision Driving Training Center.

All of our on-site instructors are certified by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. The facility is closed to all public traffic.

Benefits
  • Increased Confidence
  • Improved Skills
  • Insurance Discounts
  • Upon successful completion of this course, the state-written and riding skills tests will be waived by the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety for the “M” endorsement.

Sponsors
Special Thanks...
Special thanks to Oklahoma Honda Suzuki, House of Kawasaki and Maxey’s Motorsports for providing motorcycles for the Basic RiderCourse™

Contact Information
For more information, call (405) 945-3208

All motorcycle RiderCourses™ require the operator have proper riding gear, which includes DOT approved helmet, eye protection, sturdy gloves that cover the whole hand and fingers, full long-sleeve shirt or jacket (No ¾ length shirts), sturdy long pants of a denim or thicker material and sturdy over the ankle boots with non-slip rubber soles. (Boots with leather soles are not allowed, also NO athletic shoes, flimsy fashion boots or high heels). Gear must be worn at every session.

Latest posts

Top Bottom