How do you go about discouraging someone from getting a gun/permit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, lets hold off on bashing the age thing. (I am just kidding, every one is different at different ages) I rode my motorcycle over to the airport and flew a little this morning before the rains got here and I found my way home. I am 70.
As long as we can remember it goes both ways, old and young, I think it's a great idea.

Heck this is OSA !! We are an equal opportunity bashing group. We bash any and all things!!:mosh::cool:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, lets hold off on bashing the age thing. (I am just kidding, every one is different at different ages) I rode my motorcycle over to the airport and flew a little this morning before the rains got here and I found my way home. I am 70.

And then his wife reminded him he was just watching Top gun!!! 70 years old and flying!! :laugh6: Thanks for the chuckles !!!:cool:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And then his wife reminded him he was just watching Top gun!!! 70 years old and flying!! :laugh6: Thanks for the chuckles !!!:cool:
Age is relative. I know some 30 somethings that can't walk to their prius without huffing and puffing, and then there are some of us 60 somethings that still prowl the mountains at high altitude in search of big game and then have to get them out.....
You whippersnappers need to respect your elders! :hey3::tounge2:

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Age is relative. I know some 30 somethings that can't walk to their prius without huffing and puffing, and then there are some of us 60 somethings that still prowl the mountains at high altitude in search of big game and then have to get them out.....
You whippersnappers need to respect your elders! :hey3::tounge2:

Yep. Health and fitness - like many things - is far more about mindset than age. I'm in the best shape of my life now, way beyond where I was 20+ years ago.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back when I did medicare insurance products I got exposed to all types of 65+ year old individuals and the cliché is true. I knew 66 year olds that would surprise me if they made it to 67 and I knew a 91 year old lady that I guarantee had more energy than half that post here. She still played tennis! lol.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back when I did medicare insurance products I got exposed to all types of 65+ year old individuals and the cliché is true. I knew 66 year olds that would surprise me if they made it to 67 and I knew a 91 year old lady that I guarantee had more energy than half that post here. She still played tennis! lol.

Whatever. But , I guess it could be true...if you say so.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. Health and fitness - like many things - is far more about mindset than age. I'm in the best shape of my life now, way beyond where I was 20+ years ago.
Exactly. We were at the American Legion restaurant tonight where we are regulars, and have a lady that comes in on occasion that is a head turner for the men and women. Impeccably dressed, perfect body, beautiful long hair, and she is 70 years old.
According to her friends that she sits with, a 2 hour a day workout at the YMCA is the norm, and she shows the results.
If I posted a pic of her, you would never know her age.

Latest posts

Top Bottom