How do you go about discouraging someone from getting a gun/permit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
We do care, but after 7 years of being taken advantage of, we've learn to draw lines. We still include her in lots of family things, but I've stopped working on her cell phone, stopped going over to fix her TV she keeps messing up because she won't take the time to learn how to work her remotes (I've tried to teach her 100 times, she just waves her hand and says, "Oh just fix it, it'll be fine"), all kinds of little things. We just had to limit how much we would let her use us. So she's reached out and roped in some others, but we haven't cut her off.

But she needs to go to Assisted Living.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some folks you can't make happy even IF you give them the shirt off your back.

Other folks (like some here) aren't happy unless they can tear someone down. lol

Like I said.... F*** 'em.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@tRidiot out of curiosity, does she have family that doesn't wanna help her or is she flying solo? I'm thinking maybe I should tell my 80 year old pain in the butt Dad I found him a rich widow woman and the you could keep an eye on both of em. :lmfao:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah we've been wishing she would fine a little old man for a long time.

She was a kept woman, moved out of the parents' house to her husband, he totally pampered her for 40 years until he died. She has some family but has fallen out with them (shocking, I know).

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You came on here with a sincere question with honest concern for a lady, and those near her. You have received very little but BS from a number of folks. Old folks, livin alone, can become quite needy, and we need to help when we can. No answers for you, but best wishes as you do what you feel is best for all concerned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom