How do you position your iwb holster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you position your iwb holster?

• At 2:30

Votes: 27 11.3%
  • At 3:00

Votes: 41 17.1%
  • At 3:30

Votes: 78 32.5%
  • At 4:00

Votes: 69 28.8%
  • Other

Votes: 36 15.0%

• Total voters

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been changing my mind a lot since I'm new to EDCC. Im right handed, but at this point I like a 9:30-11, grip pointing at noon. So, I guess that would be a cross draw.

Im starting to time drawing/shooting from different positions, so this might change.

Seems like most people think that cross draw is not a good choice for CC.
Then again if one practices and becomes proficient, it doesn't matter how one carries.

Thoughts?

goldshellback

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I typically keep it at the 3:30 to 4 o'clock position. For no other reason than it's the most comfortable AND concealable there. IWB gets the most 'carry-time' with me and I've been carrying for the better part of 25 years.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I carry iwb I use a Tagua slide holster/iwb rig. I position it at the 1 o'clock position. I will either carry my G19 or my new 43. I don't carry much inside anymore though. Just ain't very comfortable. Well, the 43 is. Can barely even tell it's even there. I usually carry on the right hip with my kydex holster and kydex double mag pouch on the left hip.

Latest posts

Top Bottom