How do you store a weapon for a break in.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
he's a beauty. got a girl shepherd pup that has dark markings neighbor found her and 3 others on their land left to die she is the only one that made it and wild as all get out right now but really smart hoping for the best.
Wow... Similar story. Radars mom got hit by a car, and a trail of puppies to a den in the adjoining pasture. Best guess is he's Belgian/German Shepard. Weighs about 80-85 lbs at roughly 1.5 yrs. He thinks I have custody on the weekends, but during the week he free roams the property doing his best to keep everything on 2 legs or 4, under tight supervision.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow... Similar story. Radars mom got hit by a car, and a trail of puppies to a den in the adjoining pasture. Best guess is he's Belgian/German Shepard. Weighs about 80-85 lbs at roughly 1.5 yrs. He thinks I have custody on the weekends, but during the week he free roams the property doing his best to keep everything on 2 legs or 4, under tight supervision.
Definitely looks like he's got some Belgian in him. Beautiful dog for sure...

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep no sign of firearms or weapons easily seen or found in the house or truck. I also try to make an effort to ensure the neighborhood doesn’t see me carrying hunting/range gear out to the truck or talking about hobbies or expensive possessions I own aside from the ordinary/obvious.
Sidearm on the nightstand, long gun hidden out of reach somewhere that guests done go, but easily accessible if for some reason things get ridiculous. But that’s a seriously last ditch kind of situation, because a sidearm is what I consider the ideal home defense weapon.

my home security in terms of prevention are much more expansive. Hardwired Security cameras that cover everything, high security doors and locks, upgraded door frames and walls surrounding the door frames (perks of rebuilding your own place), security film on double pane windows, and security lights/motion sensor lights that cover everything. Normal fence, normal exterior. House looks like any other, save a few lights and cameras. Honestly, considering I DIYed it all myself, it cost about as much as some Clapped out high quality home defense shotguns. It will also protect the home when I’m gone, asleep, sick, or whatever. I would much rather provide a nondescript, bland target with little opportunity for penetration. Essentially a low desire/low payout hard target.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep no sign of firearms or weapons easily seen or found in the house or truck. I also try to make an effort to ensure the neighborhood doesn’t see me carrying hunting/range gear out to the truck or talking about hobbies or expensive possessions I own aside from the ordinary/obvious.
Sidearm on the nightstand, long gun hidden out of reach somewhere that guests done go, but easily accessible if for some reason things get ridiculous. But that’s a seriously last ditch kind of situation, because a sidearm is what I consider the ideal home defense weapon.

my home security in terms of prevention are much more expansive. Hardwired Security cameras that cover everything, high security doors and locks, upgraded door frames and walls surrounding the door frames (perks of rebuilding your own place), security film on double pane windows, and security lights/motion sensor lights that cover everything. Normal fence, normal exterior. House looks like any other, save a few lights and cameras. Honestly, considering I DIYed it all myself, it cost about as much as some Clapped out high quality home defense shotguns. It will also protect the home when I’m gone, asleep, sick, or whatever. I would much rather provide a nondescript, bland target with little opportunity for penetration. Essentially a low desire/low payout hard target.
Good Planning

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been using this setup with an RFID lock since I do have kids in the house. So far I have liked it
8F84D34A-C88E-4D37-8E02-DE6FA3419855.jpeg

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why not put a gun in your bathroom over the cabinet? One could always run into the bathroom, lock the door which would give them time to grab the gun and defend themselves.

Latest posts

Top Bottom