How do you store/transport your hunting gear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm needing some pointers or ideas. Up until recently I was just throwing things in a closet, but space is getting tight. I have little to no space in the garage, and an office that I try to keep looking decent. Any ideas? Pictures of your setup is a huge plus.

I typically camp where I am hunting, so my camping gear oftentimes gets combined with my hunting gear. I have a rubbermade box with all my kitchen and butchering equipment in it, a backpack with my binos, field dressing stuff, first aid kit, and other things I carry with my person while on the trail, and a watertight bag for my canoe stuff and food. I'm thinking of consolidating down to marked rubbermade boxes I can thrown in my truck, but I am unsure. What works for you? I like the overlanding principle of keeping things simple and "3 boxes, 30 minutes and I'm on the road".

bonus question: How do you store your commonly used magazines? I have about a dozen mags that float around in my range bag, backpack, and a box that never quite find a home. They take up tons of space and are always in the way.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep all of my stuff labeled in space/vacuum bags. Took an entire standard closet and shrunk it down to a 24" duffle. Think I paid like $11 on Amazon for them, and they came with a manual backup pump.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have a spare walk in closet that the wife lets me have!!

Bonus answer: I only have 5 round magazines for the record and they never go in one of those evil black guns!!

tinfoil-hat.gif

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use ziploc totes, air tight, sealed totes that the smalls interlock on the tops of the large. So, large totes stack up, then the smalls are 2 smalls on a large and stack the smalls up.

The large are by season, hot, warm, cool, cold, deep freeze. If I get more than a tote can carry I need to pare down. I also have a safety box and a pack box for spare bags, and various things like shooting sticks, bino harness, etc.

The smalls are by location, Feet, Head, Under, Hands, Gloves, and Pocket stuffers. Same rules apply, if I get too much I need to ditch something. Oh, and under means under layer, next to skin, so it is about warmth.

Now, I do have separate bag for hunting related activities, like setting cameras, attaching stands, cutting lanes, etc. But it gets used often.

And, no I don't take a picture of this. It is my own private demon that I keep at Bay.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
During the year, all my hunting gear hangs in my wifes closed in the room she grew up in in her folks house. about a week or two before hunitng season it all goes into 3-4 large black contractor trash bags. Will put a couple cedar branches in each bag or some scent waffers in them and just dress out of them at the ranch. If I'm in your situation I'm getting several large rubbermaid totes to store my gear in and choose a scent or natural element to make your clothes smell like nature. Totes can store anywhere and are usually stackable. SHould be easy to keep out of the way and organized.

Latest posts

Top Bottom