How do you train?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He doesn't have to shoot first. You have to show, beyond a reasonable doubt, that you were in fear for your life or grave bodily injury. If you had to wait until you shot you in the chest with a shotgun before you could shoot,,, well you may as well just say your prayers, because your chance of survival is extremely low at that point. No one is expected to take a bullet in order to have to defend their life.
What is your source for the bolded statement?

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is your source for the bolded statement?
Just my 2 cents.
First if I see a person walk into a place of business carrying a shotgun I'm leaving, gone, like smoke in a strong wind. As one intructor told me, leaving solves a multitude of problems. If I can't leave, if it is possible I will move out of bad guy's direct line of sight. If I can't do that, well, that just one of life's curve balls.

So just my thoughts on the bolded statement.

If the person holding the shotgun hasn't pointed it at anyone in threatening manner and someone makes a decision to draw and fire based on what might happen we get into "furtive movement". Furtive Movement is a defense commonly used by LEO's with some success. I wouldn't count on the non LEO having much success with that defense as it based on training and more important, experience. The non LEO is unlikely to have the real world experience to base a decision on FM and will be ripped apart by a prosecutor should that non LEO try to use it as a legal defense.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He doesn't have to shoot first. You have to show, beyond a reasonable doubt, that you were in fear for your life or grave bodily injury. If you had to wait until you shot you in the chest with a shotgun before you could shoot,,, well you may as well just say your prayers, because your chance of survival is extremely low at that point. No one is expected to take a bullet in order to have to defend their life.
In Oklahoma, my understanding is that if a claim of SD is made, it is up to the prosecution to prove that it was not In other words, the state has to prove it was NOT self-defense.

Mr. Harrison, would you care to weigh in here?

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am just amazed at how much time the training crowd spends in convenience stores! Maybe some cardio???

Latest posts

Top Bottom