How far have you gone to hunt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son and I had plans to go to northern Alberta this May for black bear, but the border is still closed at least through May 21, so we hope to roll it over to next year! At least I hope I don’t lose my deposit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
9BA72C66-4FB2-4F3D-9937-27E7E50F5161.jpeg

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
True story my cousin told me last night on this topic.
It was about 7 years ago when my cousin from MWC and his buddy went pheasant hunting up near Tyrone and Hooker. After they hunted and got their limit my cousin laid his Benelli on the gun rug on the tailgate. A few beers later...well you can guess.
He didn't even think about the tailgate being down or his Benelli auto on it until he got to the Cherokee Trading Post. He was just sick to his stomach.

He contacted the sheriff and reported it lost and where they were hunting. He had the gun's serial number at the house. Three days later Hooker P.D. called him and told him a farmer had found it and turned it in to Hooker P.D. that same evening. He said there wasn't a scratch on it as the gun took the fleece gun rug with it as it fell. The farmer was driving along and saw the beautiful shotgun snuggling in a light yellow gun rug. My cousin said anyone else would have thought Merry Christmas to me and was flabbergasted it was found and turned in.

He said he drove back to Hooker and met the farmer and his wife and gave them $500... or attempted to. They wouldn't take the money. He offered to buy them a meal in town but instead they fed him a farmer's supper that would rival a Thanksgiving Day meal except it was steak instead of turkey. He stayed a few more hours and left grateful and with two new friends and permission to hunt on their land and other land owners in the next few years.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom