How far have you gone to hunt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Two trips to South Africa. 10,000 miles one way. First trip the flight from Atlanta to Capetown at the time was the longest non stop flight in the world-I can vouch for that.

Been all over the US and one trip to Canada was for a farmland moose on my 70th birthday' , 2000 miles. Wanna see my Youtube of me singing happy birthday to myself by my moose?

Drove from Edmond to Cut Bank, MT, 1500 miles to shoot gophers, many a time.

I have hunted 16 states from Vermont to Hawaii, but mostly, Oregon, Montana and Arizona. Two Canadian Provinces. I was offered a chance to hunt in Macedonia, but I was advised that would have been a conflict of interest at the time. Drat.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two trips to South Africa. 10,000 miles one way. First trip the flight from Atlanta to Capetown at the time was the longest non stop flight in the world-I can vouch for that.

Been all over the US and one trip to Canada was for a farmland moose on my 70th birthday' , 2000 miles. Wanna see my Youtube of me singing happy birthday to myself by my moose?

I have hunted 16 states from Vermont to Hawaii, but mostly, Oregon, Montana and Arizona. Two Canadian Provinces. I was offered a chance to hunt in Macedonia, but I was advised that would have been a conflict of interest at the time. Drat.
Okay, you win. :rollingla

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You’ve had a dang impressive hunting career!!!:thumb:

I’ve got a friend trying really hard to get me to go on an elk and/or mule deer hunt next fall, but my disposable financial assets as well as my free time are already allocated to my place in OK. The note, taxes, insurance, and upkeep ain’t cheap.:anyone:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You’ve had a dang impressive hunting career!!!:thumb:

I’ve got a friend trying really hard to get me to go on an elk and/or mule deer hunt next fall, but my disposable financial assets as well as my free time are already allocated to my place in OK. The note, taxes, insurance, and upkeep ain’t cheap.:anyone:
Quit buying the licenses. Lol

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quit buying the licenses. Lol
I forgot to even mention licenses and travel expenses, but no, I’m a legal beagle when it comes to hunting. I’ve got a good relationship with Ben Bickerstaff and don’t want to be one of his low hanging fruits. There’s not a buck in the world that I would risk losing my hunting right or going to jail to kill.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I forgot to even mention licenses and travel expenses, but no, I’m a legal beagle when it comes to hunting. I’ve got a good relationship with Ben Bickerstaff and don’t want to be one of his low hanging fruits. There’s not a buck in the world that I would risk losing my hunting right or going to jail to kill.
I agree about doing things right. It was a joke.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree about doing things right. It was a joke.
I knew you were joking, but I seriously do have people ask me why I buy a fishing license to fish on my own place. My answer is always “because it’s the right thing to do”. There’s no doubt I could get away without buying one (unless our resident game warden ratted me out to Ben), but in the grand scheme of my expenses, the price of an out of state fishing license is minuscule.:anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom