How Gun-Control Advocates See Us

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillPenn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess he is not too far off on his closing statement. "Ultimately, America is sick with gun fever, and will remain so, because too many Americans want it that way." It should of read (Ultimately, America is still blessed with a 2nd amendment, and will remain so, because too many Americans want it that way.)

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess he is not too far off on his closing statement. "Ultimately, America is sick with gun fever, and will remain so, because too many Americans want it that way." It should of read (Ultimately, America is still blessed with a 2nd amendment, and will remain so, because too many Americans want it that way.)
On Target BillPenn

Grendelshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Always with the racisms.
Law, order, math, history, science, philosophy, medicine, and now personal armaments are all symptoms of or created via white supremacy.
So, literally everything that’s good and true in the world is white supremacy.
So, if you like good things and the truth you’re a white supremacist nazi.
Well then lol.

KhanhLyFan

New to the site!
Reaction score
Can't wait to see an Asian smoke some thug on national news and then all the soyboys like Chauncey here will suddenly remove that aspect of racebaiting from their anti-2A articles.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is why I started this thread.

7750b320-898d-4745-95a2-30bb75824c5c.png
He was driving me to the studio to be on the Tucker Carlson show and he just told me halfway through our conversation about guns that he can't understand why anyone would want an AR-15 after, as he put it, he saw what his rifle did to people during his time at war.

I know what I want to say, but will he really care? Let's face it, he's been to war, he's killed people, and I can see he still wears the weight of it on his shoulders.

What the hell am I supposed to say to this man? I have one of my earpods in my hands and stare at the back of my driver's head as I search for the answers I just asked myself in my head.

At that moment, I had all the answers but I knew all of the answers I had would be worthless to him.

I've never been to war. I've never shot and killed someone, but he had. So I was stumped.

So instead of trying to win the conversation, I just simply said, "I understand, I don't agree but I understand".

He became quiet for a second as if I stumped him the same way he stumped me. After this, what was a low-lying combative conversation simply became just a conversation.

I then told him all the reasons I had and he told me his reasons. I didn't change his mind, but I believe I changed his perception of not only guns but the gun community.

The Anti-Gun Lobby has done a great job making the gun community seem like a bunch of crazy lunatics and there are a bunch of people in the middle that fall for this false caricature. Because of this, sometimes it's better to simply understand before you disagree.

It's humanizing and can go a long way in moving a conversation out of intellectual combat and into mutual understanding. We don't need to try to win every gun conversation, sometimes simply changing a perception is more effective than winning the conversation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom