How is everyone CC these days? (body placement)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Never point a gun at anything you are not willing to kill or destroy...
Carries AIWB.

My O my
Is there a major artery down there somewhere?
Maybe a couple of you have a penis?

AIWB is just as safe as any other method if done properly. Your far more likely to shoot your own ass reaching around to reholster a pistol in a holster you can’t see while moving a cover garment out of the way. Anyone carrying a gun with any method should train and practice until it’s second nature. I sure hope all you guys carrying different ways on different days remember how to quickly deploy the gun if it’s needed. Muscle memory can be your friend or your enemy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never point a gun at anything you are not willing to kill or destroy...
Carries AIWB.

My O my
Is there a major artery down there somewhere?
Maybe a couple of you have a penis?

If Dan Combs was alive...

As we in the artillery used to say when we had friendlies in the air, "Big sky, little bullet". I think in this case it would be more like big bullet, little target.

Ken Andrews

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have tried everything including ankle, weak side Dirty Harry shoulder holster, crossdraw, small of back like Magnum, upside down elastic band shoulder holster, shoulder holster like Miami Vice, Inside waistband, outside waistband. pocket, and ainnofrikkinway AIWB. My favorite is the old 3 to 4 o'clock outside waistband. I'm using a trick from the old days. Velcro underbelt and overbelt. Easy on, easy off, secure and easy to conceal with shirt or coat but sounds funny as hell in a restaurant men's room.
View attachment 192245 View attachment 192246
Snattlerake, can you tell me more about the velcro overbelt? I carry a Glock G30S OWB and sometimes IWB at 0300 with an extra mag at 0930 on a good solid leather belt and it works well. But hey, this old Devil Dog is willing to learn new tricks that work. (My Streamlight flashlight is always clipped inside my left cargo pants pocket). - Thanks

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AIWB is just as safe as any other method if done properly. Your far more likely to shoot your own ass reaching around to reholster a pistol in a holster you can’t see while moving a cover garment out of the way. Anyone carrying a gun with any method should train and practice until it’s second nature. I sure hope all you guys carrying different ways on different days remember how to quickly deploy the gun if it’s needed. Muscle memory can be your friend or your enemy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
^^^ That right there. If you are carrying that G26 get one of these.
https://taudevgroup.myshopify.com/products/striker-control-device/

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AIWB most of the time (glock 19, 43, or sig 239) primarily with Keepers holsters, or a sig 220 at 3:00 in a leather holster. I've got a Tier 1 appendix holster for my 320 with rmr but I haven't tried it out yet. My wife bought me a double belt rig for Christmas that I need to test out as well.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you explain what an underbelt and overbelt is?

I think its just another way of maybe kinda trying to say underwear and overwear. Now I think that most off us all know that we are supposed to wear our underwear under our overwear. But if you overwear your underwear, then you may find that you are being shunned and even avoided by others. I'd be careful aboiut this...YMMV.

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry appendix, but I won't judge you if you carry 3:00 or OWB, I'm just happy whenever someone actually carries their gun everyday. Get a good kydex holster and a good belt that actually fits the clips on your holster and you'll be surprised with what you can conceal comfortably.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been carrying my Glock 19 appendix in Trex sidecar holster for the last year and a half. If I am carrying a full size normally carry at 3-4 o’clock inside the waste belt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom