How is everyone CC these days? (body placement)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All of these methods are unsafe! The best way to CC is to have it disassembled with a trigger lock installed in a locked hard case inside a My Little Pony backpack with glitter and bedazzled! The ammo and spare mags carried in a Malibu Barby makeup case also locked. The keys on your mood sensing amulet around your neck....... Or in a drop leg holster for your "Josh Randal" special with a heavy duster and extra 45-70 ammo for you Model 92 Mares leg!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am fat so I carry mostly OWB 3:30, sometimes cross draw since I prefer it when seated and have done a lot of practice drawing with either hand. How you carry is up to you depending on the firearm / holster combo you have, which could be based on what you can afford.

Main thing is something I have said here many times. If just starting to carry, wear it around the house for a few weeks unloaded until you find the way that is right for you, and you get use to it. Trust me, when you first start carrying there is a tendency to fiddle with the gun and I feel that is where most of the dropped guns in Walmart or accidental discharges come from. So wear it, live it, get comfortable with it, then load it.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am fat so I carry mostly OWB 3:30, sometimes cross draw since I prefer it when seated and have done a lot of practice drawing with either hand. How you carry is up to you depending on the firearm / holster combo you have, which could be based on what you can afford.

Main thing is something I have said here many times. If just starting to carry, wear it around the house for a few weeks unloaded until you find the way that is right for you, and you get use to it. Trust me, when you first start carrying there is a tendency to fiddle with the gun and I feel that is where most of the dropped guns in Walmart or accidental discharges come from. So wear it, live it, get comfortable with it, then load it.
Uncle mikes?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Uncle mikes?

Only if that is the best you can afford. God forbid! If you are stuck using one, learn it. Learn the best and safest way to carry it. (nightstand comes to my mind but I do have better) Learn not to fiddle with it, and for God's sake learn not to drop your firearm of have it go off unless you mean it to.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my carry rig:
22techtipwebART-articleLarge.jpg

Most of the time I carry it left cheek, but sometimes front. If I'm on the road I'll magnet mount it to my windshield to open it out a little.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

The opposite is true too. When I stopped carrying I walked in circles for a few months because of the ballast I was missing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom