How is your Ok hunting season going so far?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did any shotgun shooter (there are some archers who shoot doves and even some air-gunners that harvest these birds to boot) here limit out on doves this year with no more than ONE box* of shells fired? Were you also assisted by any breed of retrieving dog in the field? Even German shepherds have been known to bring in downed doves quite efficiently.

*That's no more than 25 shells fired on any single day between sunup and sundown during dove season.

How does an archer manage to hit a dove being that it's so damm hard to bring them down with a shotgun (that's SCATTER gun) as it is?

I'm no big fan of archery, muzzleloaders or air guns, but if you can take an airborne dove with an arrow, and do so consistently, your chit doesn't stink. I'd say the same about the fecal matter of one who can regularly limit out airborne mourning doves in less than 26 shells with a smoothbore gun on ONE SINGLE DAY.

Last edited:

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did any shotgun shooter (there are some archers who shoot doves and even some air-gunners that harvest these birds to boot) here limit out on doves this year with no more than ONE box* of shells fired? Were you also assisted by any breed of retrieving dog in the field? Even German shepherds have been known to bring in downed doves quite efficiently.

*That's no more than 25 shells fired on any single day between sunup and sundown during dove season.

How does an archer manage to hit a dove being that it's so damm hard to bring them down with a shotgun (that's SCATTER gun) as it is?

I'm no big fan of archery, muzzleloaders or air guns, but if you can take an airborne dove with an arrow, and do so consistently, your chit doesn't stink. I'd say the same about the fecal matter of one who can regularly limit out airborne mourning doves in less than 26 shells with a smoothbore gun on ONE SINGLE DAY.

That's pretty impressive!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom