How long have you been without power in Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
about 2 1/2 weeks back in 2007 .. that made me painfully aware of need for a backup fuel source and to run the smallest possible genset for max fuel economy.

when power is out all over town, gas stations cannot pump fuel. since ice storm of 2007, power has only been down no more than 1-2 days. now days I'm running a single Honda EU2000i that supports entire house with one full size frig, two deep freezers, PC and lights. the trick is to plug in ONE appliance at a time.

motors typically draws much higher amps during startup, then amp load settles way down.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
power is out all over my neighborhood and I've got power. usually it's the other way around .. my block's power is out and rest of neighbors have power.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
UPDATE: Power outages could last until Tuesday; about 92,000 still without electricity
July 14, 2016.

A woman steps onto a sidewalk at Fourth Street and Boston Avenue in a torrential storm Thursday

4 p.m. update: After peaking at nearly 100,000 customers, the number of people without power began to drop, according to Public Service Co. of Oklahoma and Oklahoma Gas & Electric.

Public Service Co. of Oklahoma now reports about 85,200 without power in the Tulsa metro area.

A majority of those customers — more than 68,000 — are in Tulsa County.

In addition, Oklahoma Gas & Electric was reporting about 11,600 customers without power in the Sapulpa, Kellyville, Glenpool and Bixby areas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom