How many backup mags do you carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly, current environment considered, I don’t. My Glock 48 just rides with a OEM 10 round mag in, with another OEM mag and a Shield arms mag in the truck. I like the shield arms mags, but I just can’t bring myself to trust them like the OE Glock mags.

If I’m carrying a revolver I’ll typically have a speed strip in my pocket, it’s just a lot easier to carry discretely.

When things were a little more uneasy, all the riots in 2020 and such, I would carry my full size HK with 17+1 and a 21rd mag in my pocket. Also would have 2 extras in the truck with a long gun locked up.
I like your style sir. When the rioting really heated, a handgun was usually accompanied with heavier artillery in the vehicle, I didn’t anticipate Yukon or cAndian county being invaded (crossed my fingers they would) but always better safe than sorry, that stuff can pop off anywhere anytime, I I would rather have some serious heat besides a handgun when it does. Btw, the 4 mags was a joke, all handguns I carry will have backup mags of substance. If I carry a g29c it’s second mag is a 15rd g20 mag, if cz, those do get high capacity lol and typically start with 17-21 more or less

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I must have got lucky because my 43x is absolutely perfect in every way.. and it’s still stock. Haven’t even switched the sites out.
I don’t have any issues with the gun being snappy. And accuracy is great with factory ammo or my reloads.
Thats great, I wish I could say the same. But in the end, with the upgrades, Im happy with it now

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That brings up the conversation about carrying a flashlight. How many of you carry one of those on a daily basis?
This Modlite beam to the face has stopped aggressive people in their tracks more than once.
Don’t skimp on quality.
69812129-7842-42BD-A571-7D10FA9DE214.jpeg

Last edited:

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try using that cell phone light tactically in the event of an armed encounter.
Okay, well I said there are some things a flashlight would be better for. But your example was if the lights go out in the back of a grocery store, which in my case (I'm not LEO) is a far, far, far more likely situation to find myself in than finding myself in a tactical situation. You've gone from a a relatively common and quite possible occurrence that could easily happen to anyone at anytime (if we keep it general, like someplace where the power goes off unexpectedly), to a fairly specific occurrence that is possible but not nearly as likely. Now if I were a police officer or soldier, my equipment would be quite different.

I don't fill my pockets up with everything I might possibly need for every possible situation I might encounter. If I find myself in need of some light, I have one that will work, although maybe not ideal for every scenario.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The little Surefire Side-Kick on my keyring is an awesome little rechargeable light. Since I never leave my keys in the truck it's always in my pocket.

I also have a rechargable flashlight/plasma lighter on my house keyring....usually in my pocket when away from home. Besides the light, I might want to start a fire sometime.

https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-T...105988&sprefix=plasma+lighter,aps,105&sr=8-52

Last edited:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The little Surefire Side-Kick on my keyring is an awesome little rechargeable light. Since I never leave my keys in the truck it's always in my pocket.

I thought about one of those for the wife and one for myself as just a backup light source. I have a little Fenix E05 on my keys, but I'm not a fan of the twisty head types of lights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom