How many backup mags do you carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember one time at Paul Abel's range (the man who taught me everything I know) one of our LEOs had on his duty rig, with his Glock 17 and one of those Safariland triple mag pouches...

View attachment 291589

Paul asked him, "damn son, are you that bad of a shot?"

Of course the officer replied with the classic response, "I'd rather have too many than not enough."

Paul told him, "YOU are responsible for each and every round you fire. Not your agency, not the sheriff or DA...YOU. So if you fire sixty-something rlounds and only hit your target 10 or 20 times, you're probably gonna buy some old lady a brand new Cadillac, every year for the rest of your life."

Accuracy trumps mag capacity every time.
1st, lets not forget that 90%+ of us aren't cops

2nd, lets not assume that we are already going to have our gun drawn. Us regular guys are more than likely to be reacting to a already drawn weapon. To get that 1st or 2nd shot off on target isn't likely when you're already behind the power curve.

3rd, NOT A DAMN THING WRONG WITH HAVING ROUNDS LEFT OVER

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some people just carry one spare mag. 😁😁😁
20220802_201554.jpg

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1st, lets not forget that 90%+ of us aren't cops

2nd, lets not assume that we are already going to have our gun drawn. Us regular guys are more than likely to be reacting to a already drawn weapon. To get that 1st or 2nd shot off on target isn't likely when you're already behind the power curve.

3rd, NOT A DAMN THING WRONG WITH HAVING ROUNDS LEFT OVER

You're absolutely right. Nobody who has survived an armed encounter ever said, "damn, I had too much ammo." But I am saying that chances are if a person does have to fire their weapon in self defense, statistically, they tend to 'hose down' the area and not even realize they did.

And as for cops? HA! Most of the cops I've been around in my 33 year career couldn't hit water if they fell out of a phucking boat. It stems from lack of training and the desire to train. A lot of cops are not gun guys as you would think. Quite the opposite.

All I'm saying is if you have a blaster with a bucket of bullets, chances are, you're gonna shoot em all. Myself included. If you don't believe me, watch some of the LE bodycam videos on YouTube. Pew, pew, pew

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
None a model 37 pocket and a 43 IWB.

Im taking cover and not a Leo, shots fired we’ll all be moving
….. JMO
I carry at least 3 full mags besides the one in the gun and that's double stack. Single stack not so crutial as I rarely carry a single stack but I do own several and I keep a lot of mag and pre load before i go out to shoot.
EDC is just different. My Car gun (yeah I have one I wear and one in each of our cars) has 4 full mags and one full mag in the gun plus one box of shells.
Make fun of me if you will but that's what I've always done. I carry more mags on me except weight and pants falling down come into play. Ha

Getintouch98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know its really sad how you and JEVapa have acted like such pricks. Like I told him if I wanted to sell immediately I would have paid the money and been done with it. However, the guys in my gun club said this was a good community and I should join. Obviously, that is not the case and this forum is full of internet commandos who think only the OLD guard is real and anyone new is fake. Let me let you in on a secret. There are dozens of other sites to sell a gun on (a few I am already a contributing member of) as well as Armslist. I joined because I am new to Oklahoma and on the suggestion of other shooters. If this is what your site is like then good luck getting new members.

Latest posts

Top Bottom