How many go out of state to hunt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandpa picked up a lease in TX in the 60's before he moved to OK. We've kept the lease and usually make a yearly trip out there.
He's still living and enjoys going out there for nothing more than a getaway place.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandpa picked up a lease in TX in the 60's before he moved to OK. We've kept the lease and usually make a yearly trip out there.
He's still living and enjoys going out there for nothing more than a getaway place.

That's pretty dang impressive that the same family has held a hunting lease since the 1960s. That doesn't happen often!

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Almost every year. Have hunted Colorado,Idaho,New Mexico,Arizona,Utah,California,Oregon,Wyoming and Montana. Kansas Arkansas Texas as well. I love the western states. Hunted Alberta once as well. Alaska will be my next one to check off the list. Have points for sheep elk and mulies in most of the states listed. All but one of the trips I've taken have been diy unguided. Couldn't go this year due to other commitments and not drawing any coveted tags either. Will draw a mulie tag in Colorado next year and
buy an otc elk tag as well. No kids (by choice) makes putting in for tags easier. Oklahoma has decent opportunities but nothing like the west imho even with tough nonresident draws I'd still rather hunt most of those states. I absolutely love the backcountry and I find more of what I prefer in other states. That and the millions of acres of public land out west make it a must go somewhere every year for me. The adventure and testing my mind and body is what feeds my passion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom