How many life long Okies here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Great-Grandparents moved their families here, at the rush or just before Statehood.
My Grandparents had and raised their families here. All 4 are buried less than 2 miles from my house. Along with Dad, Mom, Uncles, Aunts and cousins.
Mom and Dad grew up here, got married and went to West Texas.
I grew up in the desert of West Texas. But, spent every summer up here. Got out of school and was offended a job in Houston. (BIG change) Spent 25 years in the coast and moved HOME in '03.
I was born in Texas, but been here my whole life. Still considered an outsider by some in town.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Born and raised in Tulsa, college in Tahlequah, and now live in central Oklahoma. Other than five horrible months in Ft. Smith, I have lived in Oklahoma my entire life.

Through my job I have traveled to 44 or so states and while there are a lot of nice places, I prefer the Sooner state over most of the others. There are about five or six states I would move tomorrow if the wife would say yes but I am happy with where I am and what I have.

Slyhuntr

Marksman
Reaction score
Born and raised here. My great grandparents on my mothers side settled in Grant county during the land run. My great grandfather on my fathers side settled here after defending the south in the war of northern aggression.

Last edited:

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lived in the Tulsa Bixby and Coweta area all my life. Went to a tiny pissant school in south Tulsa called Union. Ha ha. Union built their football stadium on one of the best Dove hunting fields in the area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom