How many life long Okies here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Born and raised in OK. Spent a few years in northern Colorado, but came back. Scenery is secondary to the people, and I'm an Okie.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mom was an "Okie" after crossing the red river with her mom in a covered wagon to get to Oklahoma when she was 6. Dad was from MO. Moved here in NE OK in the Tulsa area in 1953 to start 1st grade. Most of my Moms family is in the OKC area. I do consider myself an Okie. I have visited a lot of places. It is always nice go get back home. Ya Know?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Moved here after 2nd grade so... what, 6 y/o or so, prolly 1981 or 1982? Left end of 2002, traveled the world a few years, came back in summer of 2008.

At the peak of every winter and height of every summer we always ask ourselves when we're moving someplace else. Not yet.

I dunno I'll die here, I love OK for lots of reasons, but I have family in the Caribbean, it's highly likely someday I'll semi-retire there - maybe go back and forth. I can't take all my guns down there, so that's a problem.

I generally love it here, I'm quite disappointed in the direction some of our metro areas and colleges & universities are taking the next generation(s), but I don't think that's any better anywhere else. Likely a lot worse in most of the places I would consider living like south FL, etc. Also I can't stand the cost of living there, either. I don't even want to spend money on a decent used truck, so no way I'm gonna spend $350-400k for an average house there with no land.

Latest posts

Top Bottom