How many life long Okies here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Born here and don’t have any plans to leave until the good Lord punches my ticket.

Been living on the same place since I was 5 minus a year and a half when my wife and I lived in town for that time till we put our house on the farm.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I moved here in 1978 from Virginia .Hired in with Brown & Root over the phone to work at the Sooner Power Plant. Got laid off after the job was about done. Tried to find another construction job somewhere. I applied at the (then) Conoco Refinery to keep my unemployment going and they hired me. 40 years there and I retired. I don't think I ever move back. Va. is going too Liberal.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Born in Mooreland , family moved to Odessa Tx(oilfield trash:cool:) for a couple years then back to Oklahoma . 8 years in the military and came home.

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back many years ago I was working construction in Houston and had this one Cajun always referring to me as a Yankee. I told him I was born and grew up in Kansas, but had since became an Okie. He told me, "Anyone north of the Red River is Yankee and anything north of Oklahoma was a Damn Yankee." And he meant it! Guess I'm still trying to figure out if I'm a Yankee or Damn Yankee! :)
A yankee is one who's passing thru. A damn yankee is one who's here to stay.

Okie born and raised. Left in 75 for work returned in 80. Spent a yr in Ill., a yr in Ind., and 3 yrs in Kan. Don't expect I'll be living anywhere else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom