How many life long Okies here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Born in Okarche, “grew up” in Watonga and have lived in different parts of Oklahoma most of my life. I was in Amarillo TX for a couple of years and Carson City NV for a very short time.
Been in Edmond about the last 14 years.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Born on Grandparents dirt farm 3 1/2 miles north of Healdton 82 yrs ago. Spent a few yrs in N.Y., Ct, Ark, Tenn and Tex. Other than that, all in Oklahoma. Consider myself a native of Wilson.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Born in Kansas but met an Ada Okie gal while going to school at East Central College and have been residing in Oklahoma for the past 35 years.

Have traveled all over this country for work reasons and always glad to get back to Oklahoma.

Have a place in New Mexico that we spend some time at, but it's still not like Oklahoma. Is this a great state or what?

A man once told me if people ever figure out how great Oklahoma is, we'll have to build a fence to keep them out.

JLB

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Born here, never lived outside of Oklahoma. Summers are getting tougher on me every year, but living somewhere that has worse winters than we do has zero appeal. Most of the places I have visited that actually has some appeal for future residence, are not gun friendly, so a definite no. Probably just stay here till I get planted here.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grew up on a farm in Kingfisher, lived in Stillwater, and have lived in the Okc area for the past 35 years. Life long Okie.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back many years ago I was working construction in Houston and had this one Cajun always referring to me as a Yankee. I told him I was born and grew up in Kansas, but had since became an Okie. He told me, "Anyone north of the Red River is Yankee and anything north of Oklahoma was a Damn Yankee." And he meant it! Guess I'm still trying to figure out if I'm a Yankee or Damn Yankee! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom