How many of our members have ever had to react in self defense?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve2020

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couple of times. Once tossing the trash out at H&H ... Some fella wanted "to talk". Yeah nope. Not at 10 o'clock at night, an hour after closing ... I got critiqued by every shooter there (yep it was on camera) on my form and trigger awareness! Lol SOBs!! I loved 99% of the old guys I worked with.

Second time I was downtown way later at night than I should have been, not paying attention to what was going on around me at the light, top down on the convertible. Yep. I'm an idiot. I'm living proof God takes care of stupid people.
H and H sports world in Okc ?
that place has gotten more sketchy in the parking lot over last several years

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was on the way to Salyers lake on hwy 152 . Rag top pulled up beside me 4 guys yelling calling me M F, ETC. reached under seat pulled out German revolver 38 special. Stuck it out the window. They left in a hurry. Washing car on NW 10th saw guy headed for car wash crossing 10th . I dropped 2 more quarters in the box . And there he was 3 or 4 feet away. Says he wants my money . I told him I chose not to perticipate & told him 1 more step & I would wash his eye balls right out of his head. He backed away. watched him on down 10th. I got one more maybe later.

Last edited:

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When driving to work for 30+ years from Norman to the Reno & MacArthur area I learned early on the avoid the I-35n I-40w intersection because the traffic was always balled up there so I'd get off on Shields from I-35 and get back on I-40w at the Shields overpass.........having to be in at 6:00 a.m. it was always dark thirty when going to work.

For those that have driven Shields that time of morning you now with the few street lights available the whole stretch from about 27th st. (where the big flag and man made ponds are] to the I-40 is pretty dark and dead that time of morning.

I was in the left lane to proceed straight and a car pulled up next to me in the far left turn lane and when the light changed the driver gunned it and cut me off in my lane and stopped.......sencing in the back of my mind that this was not going to end well and that I was going to probably get robbed, killed or my vehicle stolenI I gunned the Suburban and went around them, they in turn gunned their vehicle got back in front of my vehicle about 20 yds. in front of me and completely stopped and I saw the driver and passenger doors open and two punks headed in my direction with their hands down to their sides to where I couldn't see them.

I had my S&W 442 in my front pocket and a 1911 sitting beside me in my lunchbox with a loaded mag inserted but no round chambered that I was taking to work to show a fella for a possible sale.

I grabbed the 1911 with my right hand and opened the door with with my left, bailed out keeping the opened door between me and them, racked the slide on the 1911 and pointed it straight at them and said in a loud ominous voice, "come on MF's let's do this".........the driver immediately turned and got back in the vehicle while the passenger just glared and stood beside their vehicle trunk with his right hand still in a position that I couldn't see if he had a weapon in it.

Still standing behind my opened car door I leveled the 1911 square on his chest while looking dead in his eyes and said, "Come On MF !".......he glared then finally mumbled something then turned got back in their vehicle and sped off.

I was advised to change my route coming to work for a few days because they might me waiting for me.......I didn't but I was definitely more observant and better armed for the next few weeks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom