How many of us could get a RAPID COVID test done TODAY?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just curious.

Do you know where to go, do you have access, does your primary care physician do testing and if so is it the rapid or the send out?

Here in Bartlesville, we are one of only 2 providers I am told who do the rapid testing. 15 minute results, although there may be a queue of tests running that means it could be 30 minutes or so.

We're waiting on a test that is supposed to be both COVID and influenza with one swab. That will be nice, we have seen some flu and and starting to do more testing, but that means multiple swabs per patient. They don't like that, naturally.

Even our hospital here doesn't do rapid testing in the ER to my knowledge, which I think is a travesty. 10 months into this thing and we don't have widespread rapid testing. Pathetic.

And we think we're going to vaccinate 300 million people in 3-6 months or something? Hmmm...

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OU did a rapid test on me back when that damned tree attacked me. I wanna say it was like a hour between the time they tickled my brain and came back and told me I was negative ... BUT I was having a hard time keeping track of time then. :P

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the Indian Health Service health care facilities are offering them now . . . just don't expect results in 15 minutes like advertised.

We're also anticipating receipt of the vaccine for immediate use for specific groups in stages.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We sat in an urgent the other night for 3.5 EFFIN hours with my little girl. Turns out she had a sinus infection thank God. Nothing like hanging out with a bunch of hacking, coughing, sneezing, infected folks to make your day brighter!

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know the realistic percentage of accuracy between the various tests? I am in NE Oklahoma east of Tulsa. A few small towns can test and there are a few urgent care facilities around the major industrial district south of Pryor, but I do not know what kinds of test they offer.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Enid, Alva, Woodward. Hospitals will only test if they are going to admit you. Each counties dept of health, the urgent cares in enid and there's a drive thru testing and antibody test in enid.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been told the rapid tests are not as accurate. The two I had, and the one my wife had, were not the rapid test. Our son was at a business conference last weekend with eighteen people in attendance. Four have now tested positive, and our son started feeling ill Wednesday evening. He was tested Thursday morning, but went for the more thorough test, and is supposed to have result in two to three days. So, I guess he won't know until next week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom