How many of y'all wear bib overalls at least half the time, and where do you keep your guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have wore overalls my entire life off and on but now that is all i wear all day everyday, this wont answer your question but i carry a full size 1911 and use the Clipdraw clip and hook it on the bottom of the side buttons been doing it for years.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wear bib overalls most of the time, I even have a set of dress, bib overalls I wear to town! I do indulge myself, and go first class with Carhart brand overalls, they cost a little more, but are with the difference! Anyone that has ever been on a cruse ship knows, the most populasr past times is putting on the dog, trying to make people think you are richer than you actually are! We went on an Alaskan cruse years ago, and of course the same things, people strutting around like the first class passengers, in the movie Titanic! We saw one old man in overalls, on the ship, I told my wife, that is likely the richest man on this ship! A couple of days later a women and my wife were talking and she said, that women, pointing out a lady, was in a jewelry store in one of the ports, and she bought a $50.000.00 ring! I jumped in and said, that is the old man in the overalls wife! I didn't have clue who she was, but that impressed my wife, and the other lady, with my obsevetion of this old man's wealth!! My wife wouldn't let me wear overalls on this ship, trying to impress people I guess?

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wear bib overalls most of the time, I even have a set of dress, bib overalls I wear to town! I do indulge myself, and go first class with Carhart brand overalls, they cost a little more, but are with the difference! Anyone that has ever been on a cruse ship knows, the most populasr past times is putting on the dog, trying to make people think you are richer than you actually are! We went on an Alaskan cruse years ago, and of course the same things, people strutting around like the first class passengers, in the movie Titanic! We saw one old man in overalls, on the ship, I told my wife, that is likely the richest man on this ship! A couple of days later a women and my wife were talking and she said, that women, pointing out a lady, was in a jewelry store in one of the ports, and she bought a $50.000.00 ring! I jumped in and said, that is the old man in the overalls wife! I didn't have clue who she was, but that impressed my wife, and the other lady, with my obsevetion of this old man's wealth!! My wife wouldn't let me wear overalls on this ship, trying to impress people I guess?
Judging people by clothing will screw you most of the time. When I moved to Oklahoma in 70’, my Uncle told me that the wealthiest people were the ones who had dirt on their boots. - He was a salesman in big office buildings, and was referring to riding elevators up to visit clients. He also added looked like bums riding the elevators for fun.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Judging people by clothing will screw you most of the time. When I moved to Oklahoma in 70’, my Uncle told me that the wealthiest people were the ones who had dirt on their boots. - He was a salesman in big office buildings, and was referring to riding elevators up to visit clients. He also added looked like bums riding the elevators for I

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my 76 years of observing human behavior, the people that have a great deal of money, don't care what people think, and in some cases would rather have people think they are poor! Charles Page, the founder of the City of Sand Springs, OK. and the foundation that still provides for widows, and orphans, and has for over 100 years, with no GOVERNMENT MONEY, was at one time back in the 1920's the third richest man in Oklahoma! There was a lot of wealthy oil men in Oklahoma at that time, the Phillips brothers, Getty, Hunt, Marlan, Gilcrese, etc. He took all the kids from the orphan home, on a trip to California. he rented two private rail cars, and took several staff members to take care of the kids. His lawyer went as well. He was a daper dresser, and good looking guy, where Charles Page, was older, over weight, and a sloppy dresser. They had rooms reserved at a some high end hotel, and the desk clerk looked Mr Page, and his lawyer over, and gave his lawyer the suite of rooms reserved for Mr Page and his wife, gave Mr Page the room reserved for his lawyer! He just let this slide, and when check out time came, he handed his lawyer the hotel bill! He apperently had a good sense of humor, and was not intrested in impressing anyone! There is a book about Charles Page, avalable at the Sand Springs Museum, written by a lady that was raised at the orphans home, since age 2, I think? She was 100 years old the last time I saw her a few years ago, selling her book at a flea market. The name of this book is " a Fools Enterprise"! A very interesting, and little known, part of our history!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm 54 years old and I've worn Key overhauls since I was about 10 or 12. Hell, I'd wear em to work if'n I didn't hafta wear that gotdamn uniform. :grumble:

As for carry? I tote a Glock 43X in a Galco pocket holster in me right front pocket. I carry a spare mag in a Galco pocket mag pouch in me left back pocket. My benchmade goes in that handy little tool pocket on the right leg. My Streamlight ProTac 1L-1AA is clipped to my left front pocket, which holds my SAK and a pair of spare batts for me torch. Wallet in right rear, cell phone and shield in the bib pockets.

Love me overhauls! :woohoo1:

Latest posts

Top Bottom