How much Ammo before you die?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take it all in stride. Learn to reload. Or, as mentioned, buy a box here and there. It may take up to a year, but it will come back. Good time to work on that dry fire practice.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm stock piling tens of thousands of rounds and I don't feel bad for those who didn't plan ahead. Everyone knew that Obama was going to get re-elected and everyone knew that he would make a play for gun control. Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency for me.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally the reason I see for having the large supplies of ammo is to insure that I am able to enjoy shooting in the future both recreationally and for protection no matter what may happen to the ammo supply in the future. I probably shoot several 1000 rounds off 5.56 per year. So a 10000 round stockpile would really only last about 3 years. Its not to fight some long drawn out hypothetical conflict

Mykah

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm stock piling tens of thousands of rounds and I don't feel bad for those who didn't plan ahead. Everyone knew that Obama was going to get re-elected and everyone knew that he would make a play for gun control. Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency for me.
Amen... I haven't had to buy anything since this crisis started because I was prepared. Sorry for those who were not...

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, so you think that people are stocking up on ammo to defend themselves? I doubt that any of us are stock piling ammo for that reason. We're stock piling ball ammo for range play.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally the reason I see for having the large supplies of ammo is to insure that I am able to enjoy shooting in the future both recreationally and for protection no matter what may happen to the ammo supply in the future. I probably shoot several 1000 rounds off 5.56 per year. So a 10000 round stockpile would really only last about 3 years. Its not to fight some long drawn out hypothetical conflict

I agree here. I stock not for a future Zombie attack but so that I can continue to shoot. I've been there where I couldn't get ammo to shoot and said that I'd never willingly get there again.

When I get to the range, I shoot. And I shoot A LOT.

One of my last outings, this was MY part of the brass pickup. These are not sandwich size or quart size bags, either.

i43.tinypic.com_jpwuuu.jpg

THIS is why I buy ammo when I can, where I can and as much as I can afford at the time.

Dave

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, it does. When hoarding chokes the supply for recreational use so significantly it hurts the hobby and drives prices to absurd levels, yes.

Hoarding is part of my recreation.

I started stocking up for reasons I've explained on here many times. That, and the fact that I have two young sons that like to shoot. I want to make sure between the three of us, I don't have to buy ammo until they're out of college. Maybe longer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom