How much is a mobile home worth that needs work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a small double wide. 28x40 It will need quite a bit of work but I think many would find its worth repairing. It’s been vacant for years. The outside is in good shape. Needs a new roof and complete new interior. Basic plumbing and wiring is all good. Here’s a pic. Opinions?

1631395246434.jpeg

1631395325789.jpeg

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think double wides are tough because of financing issues. Maybe someone with cash looking for a lake house. But between moving it and then rehabbing it, I can't imagine investing much upfront. But who knows..
I was assuming it would have to be someone that wants to pay cash and fix it up. No way financing would work out. I would sell it cheap. A few grand? Not sure. Not a large market for mobile homes that need rehab.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
When mobile homes get old, they’re such a pain because they’re expensive to move and no one wants to invest to fix them.
Yeah you almost have to find someone that has a mobile home moving service or knows someone that does, who will give them a big discount, to sell it to.

I'm guessing you might get a few grand out of it but it has to be the right person.

Last time I looked, to get a moving permit and the title changed over, all taxes/tags have to be paid up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom